Supporters Meeting

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Excellent summary, Piracy. Here's some detail 're what I said at the end:-

• Great season on and off the pitch.
• Schools Engagement programme started in 2014. Stopped in March 2020 because of Covid.
• David Cook keen to re-start it. James McPake bought into it.
• Dave Dawson organises 2 initiatives. Business Management presentation for High School pupils. Stadium tours for primary kids. Problems for schools out with walking distance from EEP, as private transport costs are extortionate. 
• Wullie Oliphant delivers Pars Stars, an all day literacy initiative, in local primary schools. The afternoon features a coaching session from the Pars Foundation given by Iain Philp, Ryan Graham and Stevie Tucker. 733 pupils had benefited from this up to the end of March. Wullie is on course to hit 1000 by the end of June.
• Pars Tackle Health is run jointly by Sandy Wyse and I. The initiative relies on Pars players visiting local primary schools to talk to pupils about making good lifestyle choices which will hopefully enable them to live a long, happy and healthy life. Dave Mackay organises the player rota. Every player has been in at least 2 schools - some in 3. Everyone has totally bought in to the aims of the initiative. The 3 Pars Foundation coaches also attend these visits and provide a games session for participating pupils. Stats for this season;

18 schools visited.
22 players involved
41 classes participated
1064 children engaged and countless autographs signed. 🙂

A large proportion of these kids who are interested in football list Rangers or Celtic as their favourite team. Hopefully, the different initiatives we are running will bear fruit and we`ll get some extra Pars fans each season.

Keep up the good work mate.

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Keep up the good work mate.

👍 Cheers. Happy to keep going as long as the demand is there, the club continues to make players available and my health holds up. 

If anyone was interested in coming along to a visit next season and sit in as a fly on the wall, you'd be most welcome. Even better if you are approaching retirement age. I'm no spring chicken so I have to start thinking about succession planning. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1