Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

15 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

There's holes in our squad that wouldn't be filled by Shaun Byrne. 

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’m genuinely not that bothered by Shaun Byrne signing for them.  Said before, he wouldn’t be in my choice in midfield out of the ones we have in the squad once fully fit.  It’s creative wide players and drive up top we desperately need. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Byrne doesn't get in our team atm, let alone when everyone is back fit. He's on a big wage at Dundee, it's a no from me. 

Raith getting a bit of a bloated squad now though. 

I always liked Byrne as a player and was sad to see him go and thought he's had a decent career up to now, but as has been said, who does he replace? He's not one to get on the ball like Chalmers and certainly doesn't replace Otoo, or Todd when he's back. 

Raith can keep making bang average signings if they like. We need more players but I;d rather be where we are than where they are with a a first team that isn't as good as ours man for man IMO, and full of players on the bench that would need emptied next season if they do anything as they are half decent for this level and that is it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Digs said:

players on the bench that would need emptied next season if they do anything as they are half decent for this level and that is it. 

That’s normal I’d have thought?  Even if you have a very good starting 11 the guys on the bench are mostly going to be some that can do a job and now and then when on form can pull something out the bag to win a game.   If you do go up a level then it’s expected you rotate them out replacing them with better quality who can start at the higher level with the lower quality starters dropping to the bench.

Whilst I’d love to sign one or two guys who are going to boost our starting 11 significantly it’s the boring start a dozen games a season, subbed on in another 19-20 that we don’t have. 

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Wotherspoon still training with us.

McPake in the Courier saying the offer is out but they can't wait forever. Says he is a quality international player that has every right to look at his options.

Also confirmed that another free agent has turned our offer down. Maybe guessing somebody like Jakubiak?

Edited by Tartan Army Par

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That’s normal I’d have thought?  Even if you have a very good starting 11 the guys on the bench are mostly going to be some that can do a job and now and then when on form can pull something out the bag to win a game.   If you do go up a level then it’s expected you rotate them out replacing them with better quality who can start at the higher level with the lower quality starters dropping to the bench.

Whilst I’d love to sign one or two guys who are going to boost our starting 11 significantly it’s the boring start a dozen games a season, subbed on in another 19-20 that we don’t have. 

Aye, but wholesale changes every season is never good and never works. We proved you get to a level but can’t kick on with our annual reach the playoffs and go no further approach. 

Our strategy is hard to manage and risky but if we get the right guys on the right length of contract, ie securing guys we think can kick on to go up with, that’s a better approach for me than signing only players who are good at your current level like they are. 

10 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

McPake in the Courier saying the offer is out but they can't wait forever. Says he is a quality international player that has every right to look at his options.

Also confirmed that another free agent has turned our offer down. Maybe guessing somebody like Jakubiak?

I'd been told by someone a bit more ITK than me that we had actually gave Fletcher an offer. 

If that’s the case I’d be walking away. Surprised we haven’t TBH. That said if the player wants to sign he can surely tell the agent he is happy and to stuff their extra demands.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Someone was telling me this morning every time the Wotherspoon deal looks close his agent comes up with another demand apparently.

29 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

If that’s the case I’d be walking away. Surprised we haven’t TBH. That said if the player wants to sign he can surely tell the agent he is happy and to stuff their extra demands.

I mind Ross McArthur saying how frustrated he got with players agents. I'm sure Wotherspoons agent is Jackie McNamara, or at least an associate.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm sure Wotherspoons agent is Jackie McNamara, or at least an associate.

When did Jackie stop working for the Pars, was it when he had his health scare? I don't remember hearing about him much after that, when he was recovering. I think I vaguely thought he was still involved in some way, but I guess not.

9 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

When did Jackie stop working for the Pars, was it when he had his health scare? I don't remember hearing about him much after that, when he was recovering. I think I vaguely thought he was still involved in some way, but I guess not.

I think I read somewhere that he was consulted on the appointment of Peter Grant and advised against it (obviously no idea if true or not).

Didn't see or hear of any involvement from him since then.

• Upvote 1

Wotherspoon shook hands on a deal, Agent comes back in and asks for more.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I think that is a feasible senario 🙄

One hand I'm thinking, tell him to f*ck off, and his Agent, but... if we get him, we've got a good player, and he'll need to consistently play good to win the fans over.