Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

3 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

And another - which brings an interesting new interpretation to the word "crossing" (not his fault, whoever made the video has got it wrong)

He looks keen on pressing defenders and forcing mistakes/winning possession. Not convinced, but might do a job I suppose.

Those videos are awful, they don't do him any favours at all terrible production. I lasted about 30sec of each. Cracking goal in the first video. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Superally said:
I see Hearts Connor Smith is being touted to us now. Was thought he was going to Hamilton on loan but the player does not want to drop to league 1 level. ICT are the other club interested. I suspect the club wont announce any deals until late next week anyway.

Highly rated at Hamilton despite relegation last season.

I could see Queens Park making a move for him. He's been on loan there before and QP like throwing cash about like confetti.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Well, it's Friday, it's lunchtime, it's the derby tomorrow, and we STILL haven't made any signings. Wtf?

I genuinely think that's us now until the Loan window shuts. 

Unless someone gets freed by another club bringing in another. 

Edited by Al k
Couldn't spell loan

1 hour ago, Al k said:

I genuinely think that's us now until the Loan window shuts. 

Unless someone gets freed by another club bringing in another. 

42 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

We can bring in loans and free agents until the end of September and that's the market we will be operating in anyway. Nothings going to happen anytime soon. We need an alternative option to Wighton and maybe a midfielder but that will be it.

Very disappointing if that's the case, and I think it's just as well that the results have been decent so far. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm really concerned about the apparent lack of movement and the thinness of the squad. A few bookings and an injury or two and we could be seriously exposed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Very disappointing if that's the case, and I think it's just as well that the results have been decent so far. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm really concerned about the apparent lack of movement and the thinness of the squad. A few bookings and an injury or two and we could be seriously exposed.

I should add i meant permanent signings.

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would say we need two forwards ( neither of ours are prolific scorers) and at least one other central defender/full back who is capable of playig both positions. Very disappointed we havent done more business. 

We don't need either full backs or CB's. 

CB's we have Bene, Breen, Fisher, Otoo, with Hamilton also able to cover in a pinch, we play 3 CB's so two extra is more than enough cover.

Wing backs (we don't use full backs) we have Edwards, Comrie, Fenton, with Otoo, Fisher, Todd for cover with even Chalmers able to cover in an emergency. So plenty cover there for 2 positions.

Midfield, we have Todd, KRH, Chalmers, Allan, Tod, Hamilton, Summers and O'Halloran, with Otoo also able to cover there. Even taking out two injured that leaves 7 to chose from when he plays a central 3 with the two wing backs. Again, plenty cover there.

We need one striker IMO. We already have Wighton and McCann as main strikers, with O'Halloran and Summers able to play off if needs be. We only ever play one recognised striker at a time so again, you could argue it's covered from a bodies point of view, it just lacks a bit of competition for places for me.

I'm not sure what more business he needs to have done other than signing another striker, which in any league at any level, is hard.

We've signed KRH, Otoo, Breen, and Fisher on perm deals. We have secured Mehmet and Comrie who were out of contract. We've signed a back up for Mehmet when he got injured in Sharp, and also signed O'Halloran and Summers. That's 9 signings.

We have cover all over the park, and that is the plan. Run a leaner squad, with guys able to play multiple positions within the formations we play, and be adaptable. All of the players who can cover have proven they can do it and not look out of place, they only absolute last resort I have suggested is Chalmers at wing back as we'd need to change formation for that to work, so that he would be a full back. He's played there before though, earlier in his career. We aren't going to have a squad of 20+ players, those days are gone, folk need to realise that and accept what they are trying to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4