New club website

SanguinePar

So, it seems we do indeed have a completely new website (I don't think it's been officially announced yet, but it is live, so this looks like a soft launch for now) - which is VERY welcome IMO! Thought it was worth starting a separate thread about it, away from the discussion on kits.

First impressions:

• It looks really good - very modern, and seems properly mobile/tablet responsive (so far at least)
  • Built in Wordpress, which means a huge amount of flexibility and ready-made integrations and plugins
  • Not sure about the bright red colour scheme on the nav bar - I know it's one of our colours, but it seems a little too prominent for my liking. I do like it on the accent colours of each button and content block though, especially how it animates on mouseover.
  • Spotted a few typos so far (some examples below if anyone from the club is reading!), but that's to be expected on a new site, hopefully they get picked up quickly.
  • Shop price filter doesn't work properly yet, no matter what you set the two values to the range shown remains the same. Incidentally, I see that the top value is £55 - so I'm guessing that's what the home kit will cost :-(
  • I notice that there's a My Account link at top right in the header - it'll be interesting to see what this relates to. Might just be for the shop, but would be good if it could be a hub for all interactions - ticket/Season Ticket purchases, fan-to-club comms channels, maybe even personalised content
  • Good to see the club socials added clearly at the top - but no Twitter for some reason? In fact, looking at this page (on which the links aren't clickable yet), there are lots of club socials not featured up there - Twitter, YouTube, SnapChat, LinkedIn and Spotify. I'd definitely have Twitter and YT on the header, if not all of them.
  • Pleased to see that the club has backdated the news archive quite a bit instead of just wiping the slate clean and starting with only the most recent articles. Stories go back to 2019 so far, and it'd be good if they continued to add older stuff too, partly as an archive and partly to avoid a loss of SEO authority. Hopefully all links to old stories are properly redirecting to their new URLs.

Overall - really really good, and very professional. It's great to see the club modernising its web offering, and I hope they can keep to the simple clear look it has so far. Bravo DAFC.

image.png.8424955e01ce31c60db5051f1147bc2f.png
image.png.46eff447af5aad26770437a29a063fb0.png image.png.55066c0da09cdb4eb17456daef83a888.png

• Upvote 1

Related, I see that the Club Twitter has changed the bio - it used to have an AllMyLinks link, but now includes links to sign up for a newsletter (good to see) and a dedicated tickets link:

image.png.0be5f25cb35dfa674eaa61f1f6a45b73.png

Unfortunately, nether of the links work - both go to page not found - I'm guessing those are pages that exist but are currently in draft rather than live. Hopefully that can be sorted soon.

EDIT - Actually, no, the links they go to are for the old site judging by the URL structure - so hopefully all that's needed are two quick redirects (or just changing the links in the bio) to the correct new URLS, https://dafc.co.uk/tickets/ and... wherever you sign up for the new newsletter - probably https://dafc.co.uk/my-account/, but the Register button isn't working at the moment (giving a Database error).

I'm very pleased with the new website, it's a huge improvement on what went before.

Sanguine Par obviously knows a lot about design etc and it would be great if a way could be found for the club to tap into his expertise - along with that of other Pars fans with similar skills.