St Pauli Pre Match Entertainment Update

Digs

10 minutes ago, Superally said:

Beginning to look forward to tonight's game I think it should be decent, but with most friendlies it will be typically a bounce match. However it will be good to see a very familiar Pars side playing again after the success of last season. Was hoping to have seen perhaps a couple of "new" signings but plenty of time for that. Anyway I hear there are a few Celtic fans kicking about the toon  WTF is that aboot? 🤣 COYP

Jokers was rammed full of them when I went past about half 2. Someone needs to tell them Celtic have got heehaw to do with this game. 

Thought we did OK, in truth they are at a different level I don't think we would see a better team at EEP this season unless we draw the OF in the cup. Otoo came off with an injury which was a worry as I thought he did well. Wighton looked a bit isolated and didnt get much joy. KRH was lively but he was quickly marshalled. Good to see the youngsters get on and Todd was the stand out amongst them. Early days for us in terms of preparation but I thought we were well placed atm. We do need to see some more quality in additional signings and we defo need another striker. 

It was good to see both Todorov and McDonald appear before the game to collect their League 1 Champions medals - both getting a warm reception which was acknowledged by them both. 

13 minutes ago, Superally said:

It was good to see both Todorov and McDonald appear before the game to collect their League 1 Champions medals - both getting a warm reception which was acknowledged by them both. 

Ah, I wish I'd known that was happening. I never went tonight, but I would have if I'd realised about that. Oh well.

Yeah I thought it might have been 4. As the majority were aware they are different level players and income.

Good exercise for the players, don't think I've saw a team play a game first week of pre-season 

Saw McGowan was the trialist tonight. Those pre-match or training tops they wore coming out looked mint. 

39 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Watched on pars TV(which was poor at best again), good run out for our lads, certainly didn't have much of the ball, can tell st pauli are at a different level and probably had a couple more gears if they needed them.

I was hoping ParsTV would have had a package in place for all preseason games and season ticket by now.

Going off topic i feel ParsTV misses a trick every summer by not getting on board early. Keep a monthly sub, show a classic game during the preseason that's available for week until new games are kicking off.

A tie in with some of the podcast guys would be great. Watching Mikey's interview on WDHR or seeing the Game the East End Boys covered (Where possible of course). 

Edited by Al k
  • Upvote 1