Dundee Utd - ticket price

3 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Are Rovers also putting their prices up for their own fans for those games? Especially those in the stand behind the goal at the home end.

I think they would have to as they can’t charge different prices for home and away fans?

3 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

I think they would have to as they can’t charge different prices for home and away fans?

Yeah, I couldn't remember if that was still the rule or not (plus they might not be adhering to it!)

Also, I assume DAFC aren't doing anything like this? I think we used to charge more for Celtic/Rangers games (possibly Hearts and Hibs too?) but that was for all fans I think.

4 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Yeah, I couldn't remember if that was still the rule or not (plus they might not be adhering to it!)

Also, I assume DAFC aren't doing anything like this? I think we used to charge more for Celtic/Rangers games (possibly Hearts and Hibs too?) but that was for all fans I think.

Correct.  We used to have a 3 tier pricing structure

A Celtic and Rangers

B Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen

C Everyone else 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2023 at 00:45, parsforlife said:

I’m sure it’s only you charge the same for ‘equivalent’ areas.   Hearts for example were often criticised that home fans could buy cheaper tickets but they got away with it purely by only offering the more expensive seats first before they released the cheap seats for away fans.

Went and downloaded the SPFL rules because this had been nagging at me

The definition used is "broadly comparable".

Rule I31

Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or 
a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to 
accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly 
comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at 
the same match.

I think that we may have grounds for complaint.

2 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Went and downloaded the SPFL rules because this had been nagging at me

The definition used is "broadly comparable".

Rule I31

Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or 
a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to 
accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly 
comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at 
the same match.

I think that we may have grounds for complaint.

Based on what?  We have been assigned an upper tier and being charged the same as home fans in upper tiers.  

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Based on what?  We have been assigned an upper tier and being charged the same as home fans in upper tiers.  

Probably ****ing in the wind but the phrase "broadly comparable" is ambiguous at best and we could use that to our advantage as the stands for home supporters that are a cheaper price arguably have better facilities than the stand that we have been given.

Even if it doesn't result in any positive action for this game I would still like to see our board kick up a stink so that United are aware that they can't get away with this ****e and I would hope that the boards of other clubs also make dissenting noises.

• Upvote 1

Pleased that Dundee United appears to have reacted to our discontent and is now using the stand behind the goal (Shed End) for Pars fans, meaning ticket prices will be £25/£15/£5.

I understand those who had already purchased more expensive tickets have been reimbursed and issued with new tickets.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Kaiser Chief said:

Pleased that Dundee United appears to have reacted to our discontent and is now using the stand behind the goal (Shed End) for Pars fans, meaning ticket prices will be £25/£15/£5.

I understand those who had already purchased more expensive tickets have been reimbursed and issued with new tickets.

£25 is still absurd for a Scottish second tier game. Utd can whistle for it.

1 hour ago, Kaiser Chief said:

Of course it’s still too much at £25,  but actually taking a moment here to say well done everyone for kicking up such a fuss about it.  We’ve probably embarrassed them into making at least a bit of a backtrack.  That shows you the potential power of the customer.  

• Upvote 3