Dundee Utd - ticket price

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

So it turns out he won't be emailing the club about it. 

😂 you’re such a ****.  

For that, see if it wasn’t for your co-host, frankly that podcast you have would be unlistenable.  How do you like those apples?

Back on topic, not sure the board have to wait to receive an email to realise that an opponent charging £27 in the current economic climate for away fans is taking the ****.  Funnily enough it’s not just on this website that this has become an hot topic.  For me, this is an opportunity for them to do something about it considering their varied inventive backgrounds and collective want for fan engagement.  Surely they could think of something that puts down a bit of a marker.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

FWIW  I fully agree. Our club wants to promote being socially inclusive etc then we should be taking a stand against this absurd pricing.

Are they worried at the risk of souring a relationship with Utd? So be it. 

Well if we want to emulate St Pauli so much, what would they do about it?  One of the things I found really exciting about the investment group was the chance to do something different to improve things for fans.  This is such an opportunity.

12 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Well if we want to emulate St Pauli so much, what would they do about it?  One of the things I found really exciting about the investment group was the chance to do something different to improve things for fans.  This is such an opportunity.

To be honest I've no idea, I don't really follow what St Pauli do up in Hamburg but they do get involved within the community a lot.

You're right though, it's the perfect chance to show what makes them different. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Thing is that that when they came, they explicitly said that they wanted to be free to act in ways that German football doesn't allow (or words to that effect).

I was never clear what they meant by that, but it concerned me at the time, since German football is held up as an example of how to get fan culture right.

There's a fan group meeting on Thursday night, and Thomas Meggle and Nick Teller are going to be giving a presentation on something. I'll ask if there is an opportunity if this is going to be something they plan to raise with Dundee United.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Thing is that that when they came, they explicitly said that they wanted to be free to act in ways that German football doesn't allow (or words to that effect).

I was never clear what they meant by that, but it concerned me at the time, since German football is held up as an example of how to get fan culture right.

I think that refers to the 50+1 rule, which means that they couldn't buy the majority stake in a club in Germany.

52 minutes ago, Digs said:

There's a fan group meeting on Thursday night, and Thomas Meggle and Nick Teller are going to be giving a presentation on something. I'll ask if there is an opportunity if this is going to be something they plan to raise with Dundee United.

Appreciate that Digs, will be interesting to hear if they intend to do anything, I’m sure they’ll make the right noises in terms of condemning the prices of course.

4 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I think that refers to the 50+1 rule, which means that they couldn't buy the majority stake in a club in Germany.

Yeah, but didn't they also say something about not having the freedom to do as much because of 50+1, and so this meant they'd be able to do things their way? I'll try and find the quote (sadly, probably lost with the new club site and the older stories disappearing).

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

If Digs doesn't mention it on Thursday, I certainly will. But I'm sure we can both mention it 😆 In fact others might mention it. The Board might mention it. But becrest assured,  it's getting mentioned.

Surely the record for usage of the word "mention" on this forum. Love it :-)