Dundee Utd - ticket price

On 29/07/2023 at 10:47, Kaiser Chief said:

Yesterday, I spoke to the Dundee Utd SLO and the ticket office at Tannadice. This is my understanding of the ticket price structure.

They have 3 selling periods for season tickets - renewal, discount, and full. They're now at the full pricing stage. Prices have stayed the same as last season, meaning the most expensive season ticket for a top tier seat is £500. As you might expect, season ticket holders would normally pay less per game than PATG, meaning a walk-up ticket price of £27 was arrived at. Of course, last seasons price was divided by 19 games, so it's not quite the value for money you'd expect when there are only 18 home games in the Championship!!

I did, of course, point out how ridiculous the ticket pricing is when compared with other Championship clubs, and that away fans couldn't care less about how they've arrived at their pricing. £27 for a Scottish football 2nd tier match is quite simply outrageous. I've asked for this view to be relayed to the DUFC board, which I'm assured they have been.

Thanks for that Drew. Obviously a lot of ire about their pricing. About time fans at least questioned and acted (personal choice) regarding being ripped off.

• Like 1

For roughly the same price a week later you could buy the second most expensive ticket (along the side of the pitch) at Wolfsburg v Heidenheim for one of the opening matches of this season's Bundesliga.

Is the Scottish Championship >= than the Bundesliga?  

Of course it it's ****ing not!

(It has been said that the 2.Bundesliga has been better than the Bundesliga for the past couple of years but that's a different topic.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

For roughly the same price a week later you could buy the second most expensive ticket (along the side of the pitch) at Wolfsburg v Heidenheim for one of the opening matches of this season's Bundesliga.

Is the Scottish Championship >= than the Bundesliga?  

Of course it it's ****ing not!

(It has been said that the 2.Bundesliga has been better than the Bundesliga for the past couple of years but that's a different topic.)

Any league with Hamburg is not the best of anything. 

8 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Their constant bottle jobs are funny though.

Indeed.

I watched them in Düsseldorf last season and they're thr most infuriating team I've ever seen. Playing out from the back literally on their own goal line, then the keeper will be pushing up to,around 35, 40 yards out without the ball.

Played absolutely nothing going forward, a system that bordered on insanity yet came away with a last minute equaliser from a corner I think. 

20 hours ago, Piracy said:

Thanks for that Drew. Obviously a lot of ire about their pricing. About time fans at least questioned and acted (personal choice) regarding being ripped off.

Agreed.  Wishful thinking maybe, but it would be even better if the club was to make some sort of statement or make more direct contact/campaign on fans behalf about ticket prices for away games.  Has anyone got to hand a club by club breakdown on away ticket prices in Championship this season?  Surely that United pricing is by a clear distance the highest in the division.  

Absolutely appreciate Drew making contact with their SLO (thanks Drew) but being realistic, suspect that won’t change anything.  Reading through that response from the United SLO is just exasperating.

• Upvote 1

I emailed their club. Waste of time no doubt, but it's at least recorded. I also know of other fans who've emailed them, we'll see if any get a reply.

I believe there's enough scope for a Twitter or Facebook page being dedicated to highlight Scottish fitbaw fans being ripped off.

Fans experience of attending games is often filled with frustration at unfair entry pricing, poor facilities, high priced & poor standard food oulets, poor welfare facilities, sub-standard disabled facilities, inadequate stewarding, this list goes on. 

As football fans, we're customers and entitled to be treated at least fairly.

Our own club are doing well enough generally speaking.

• Upvote 4

Off the 10 Championship clubs, 8 are charging £20-£22 for away fans according to their websites (although Ayr (£20) and ICT (£20) have yet to be updated with 2023/24 prices).

Raith are charging us and Dundee Utd £24 with everyone else paying £22.

As we all know, Dundee Utd are charging £27.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kaiser Chief said:

Off the 10 Championship clubs, 8 are charging £20-£22 for away fans according to their websites (although Ayr (£20) and ICT (£20) have yet to be updated with 2023/24 prices).

Looks like it’ll be concession tickets bought online for away games then

3 hours ago, Kaiser Chief said:

Thanks Drew.

That shows up two profiteering clubs who should be utterly ashamed of themselves.  Raith Rovers and Dundee United.