Pars v Airdrie

Superally

Our first game of the season is at East End Park and brings the unfurling of the championship flag from last season’s successful league campaign. However, being applauded onto the pitch by former League 1 adversaries Airdrie we perhaps could have been given a more interesting first game against a less familiar opponent. However, Airdrie it is, and it will be a challenge as they were arguably the most difficult team we played against last season with only one 3-4 win and three 1-1 draws. The win was highly memorable after coming back to win after going 3-0 down. Airdrie while losing some of their strikers - but gaining ex Par Todorov have made an impressive start to the season topping their Viaplay League Cup group with 4 wins and 12 points beating Dundee and ICT, scoring 7 goals and conceding 2. In comparison the Pars in their league format managed two wins, a draw and a defeat finishing third in the table scoring 8 and conceding 3. The faithful will be hoping for an additional couple of signings but we also continue to have long-term injury problems to Tod & KRH. It should be a tough game and a draw might be a decent result, but I’m hoping the Pars will be as resilient as last season and edge a tight 2-1 win. COYP

I think the mood around the club is low at the moment due to the two unfortunate injuries and lack of signings. 

The one new face we have brought in could turn out to be another Dorrans type signing.

We don't have any real attacking threat at the moment and can see Airdrie getting the three points.

Wonder what has happened to this player that was close to signing?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I still think with the team we have can compete in the top half of the league until we get the injured boys back and add a couple more signings. Andy Todd’s son of god could push on this season imo. Can’t see anything but a draw on Saturday in a tough game. 

Not sure relying on 17 year olds will get us a top half finish imo. These guys looked bullied in league one I'm not sure they’re ready for championship quite yet 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Not sure relying on 17 year olds will get us a top half finish imo. These guys looked bullied in league one I'm not sure they’re ready for championship quite yet 

I only sad the son of gods lad as he looks a good prospect. 
I suppose it what the board’s expectations are for this season so if it’s to just stay up and see where we get to then we have a squad to do that.🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I only sad the son of gods lad as he looks a good prospect. 
I suppose it what the board’s expectations are for this season so if it’s to just stay up and see where we get to then we have a squad to do that.🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d be very disappointed if the ambition is just to stay up. A **** poor Queen's park team that finished 4th in league one went within a game of the title the season after (albeit made new signings). If our aim wasn’t a top 4 finish considering how open the league is then it’s quite poor. Keep hearing we want to get the club back to where it belongs etc, then got to hope the board show a bit more ambition than they are right now 

Can see us losing this and then you look at next two fixtures and wonder if we will have any points after first three matches. Really disappointed in lack of new faces and with our two best creative attacking talents out for possibly months I am more than a little concerned. 

If this thread doesn't typify Pars fans I don't know what does, talk about glass half empty 🤣 

Agreed there are concerns over a paper thin squad but the player we have got didn't just suddenly become ****e over night. This is a tough game, that's all, just like pretty much every other game in this league. 

39 minutes ago, Digs said:

If this thread doesn't typify Pars fans I don't know what does, talk about glass half empty 🤣 

Agreed there are concerns over a paper thin squad but the player we have got didn't just suddenly become ****e over night. This is a tough game, that's all, just like pretty much every other game in this league. 

Its not that we've become **** over night. I think the majority of fans expected a stronger window and we don't seem to have moved on from the team last year. 

We have struggled with scoring goals over two seasons. We let two strikers in May with no replacements yet. On top of we have also lost KRN and Tod and it's now up to kids he didn't want to force in to the team last season.

O'Halloran may be out too, think people are just a bit meh about it.

This sounds a negative post but for as well as we did in League 1 we didn't beat anyone above us league wise. The teams weaker and we knew from April we had the league bagged. 

Here's to having my arse on a plate and 9pts from the 1st 3 games as east end said. 😂

• Upvote 2