Dundee Utd v Pars

Superally

Looking at the match facts and I see we only made two subs today, both in the 57th minute.

So, while it's a good point at a tough ground, and although I wasn't there to see the match...

...it's hard not to feel that maybe if we had any kind of depth at all, we could have brought on fresh legs, tightened things up, wasted some time or at least broken up Utd's momentum.

So frustrating to throw away 2 points at the death - and especially so if (and people who will there will have a better idea than me) our lack of options was a factor in that late concession.

Maannn….I love this team.

First half went as expected, Dundee United with a lot of the ball and looked threatening on the attack but didn’t really materialise to anything. A couple of nervous moments at the back but nothing like the Airdrie game, a solid first half and 0-0 was a fair score at the time.

Second half I was expecting Dundee to come out fast so was surprised when that wasn’t the case, we more than held our own and before our goal Wighton had a really good chance.

We deserved to go 1-0 up, beautiful ball in from Edwards and a solid finish. What was nice was that goal happened when we had the two youngsters on in Tod and Summers. The rest of the game it was pretty much all United but we just never looked like conceding, our defence was excellent.

I was impressed by the way we managed the game and the clock afterwards and the goal, well what a sucker punch, last 10secs or so, cruel. If Dundee were going to get anything it was from Cudjoe and whilst we deserved the W couldn’t begrudge the guy a goal if they were to score.

Would’ve taken a point before the game so trying not to be too disappointed.

With a little more squad depth, we could have a positive season.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Looking at the match facts and I see we only made two subs today, both in the 57th minute.

So, while it's a good point at a tough ground, and although I wasn't there to see the match...

...it's hard not to feel that maybe if we had any kind of depth at all, we could have brought on fresh legs, tightened things up, wasted some time or at least broken up Utd's momentum.

So frustrating to throw away 2 points at the death - and especially so if (and people who will there will have a better idea than me) our lack of options was a factor in that late concession.

It was just game management really at the end, that would be my only moan. We played brilliantly, couldn’t have asked for much more.

• Upvote 2

Thought the team were good yesterday and didn’t deserved that goal at the end. The ref was a belter!

Just to say from where we are today to exactly 2 years ago when we were royally humped by Rangers 5-0 at castle grey skull as PG decided to play a 4-3-3 formation😅

The club has come on a long way.

Just seen the goals. Great header from Wighton but it was also a great ping from Cudjo. Having said that, it was easily avoided. Tod passes on the runner to Chalmers whilst trying to mark the space without actually looking at what was going on, as Chalmers was already picking up Cudjo. The runner allowed Cudjo to drop off and get a shot away. At that stage in the game, you just track the runner, it’s about getting in the way and stopping them moving the ball, that’s the priority. 

A wee bit inexperience cost us but I’m sure he’ll learn from it, and I don’t want to take anything away from the performance, as we played really well by all accounts. 

If we’d been offered 4 points at this stage before the start of the season we’d all have taken it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I was pleased to be proved wrong as I thought United would be too strong for us and run away with it. Anything but that. Great performance from us and we really should’ve had the 3 points but before the game I’d have been happy with a point. Summers looks a player and I thought o’halloran done well considering it was his first game really. Plenty to look forward too and if we get a few boys in for the raith game plus Breen and McCann back then it’s looking much brighter, Wotherspoon to hopefully sign and another striker. COYP

10 hours ago, Digs said:

Just seen the goals. Great header from Wighton but it was also a great ping from Cudjo. Having said that, it was easily avoided. Tod passes on the runner to Chalmers whilst trying to mark the space without actually looking at what was going on, as Chalmers was already picking up Cudjo. The runner allowed Cudjo to drop off and get a shot away. At that stage in the game, you just track the runner, it’s about getting in the way and stopping them moving the ball, that’s the priority. 

A wee bit inexperience cost us but I’m sure he’ll learn from it, and I don’t want to take anything away from the performance, as we played really well by all accounts. 

If we’d been offered 4 points at this stage before the start of the season we’d all have taken it. 

Cudjo’s movement was very good I thought but yes, Tod certainly made an error and as a result ended up basically in no man’s land with his positioning, I felt if he was going to release the runner he at least needed to drop in and try and screen any ball getting played inside into the pocket. If that meant an easy pass to the guys standing 40 yards out then fine, we absolutely love defending from there. As you say, inexperience. 

Highlights: 

Very frustrating to lose that goal. Tod obviously making the mistake with not following his man, although also I thought the keeper didn't make a great attempt at it, not sure if he slipped maybe? Of course it's a great shot, to be fair.

Looked like United had quite a few chances to go ahead before we scored, some hairy moments in there. We looked alright going forward though, some nice movement and passing. Great header from Wighton, glad to see him get off the mark.

What could have been... Ah well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I thought the keeper didn't make a great attempt at it, not sure if he slipped maybe? Of course it's a great shot, to be fair.

You could put the greatest keepers ever facing that shot and given them 100 attempts each and I doubt anyone is getting there.  I think sharp maybe did slip slightly, but only as a result of attempting to move his feet ridiculously quickly to try and and get close enough to dive. I don’t think you can blame him for that, he could have stood still and done a TV dive and it would still have achieved nothing but maybe looked better