Dundee Utd v Pars

Superally

Kayser who drives the team bus received a league winners medal on Saturday from McPake. I think that's another sign that McPake has built up the mentality that everyone is part of the squad. Totally different days from Grant and Hughes. 

I thought it was a very good thing from McPake to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Kayser who drives the team bus received a league winners medal on Saturday from McPake. I think that's another sign that McPake has built up the mentality that everyone is part of the squad. Totally different days from Grant and Hughes. 

That's a great gesture and for me a good example of what the club were talking about at the last meeting. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Speaks volumes of the man and the togetherness of the whole club 

Kayser will cherish it forever 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Totally different days from Grant and Hughes. 

Hughes certainly. Wasn't Grant generally regarded as a decent man though, albeit a hopeless manager? I seem to remember something about his calling round all the staff on the day he was fired, to thank them for their efforts. Might have that wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Hughes certainly. Wasn't Grant generally regarded as a decent man though, albeit a hopeless manager? I seem to remember something about his calling round all the staff on the day he was fired, to thank them for their efforts. Might have that wrong.

You're correct about that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Grant did that by all accounts, Ross McArthur rated Grant as a decent fella.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Yeh but surely when Ross saw what was happening on the pitch thought…WTF is going on? If you look at PG cv he’s never been at a team for more than 2 seasons…

We all know now what Grants abilities are. We all know now it was a mistake, as Ross admitted.

Irrelevant now though, and being poor at your job doesn't make an individual a bad person, only fitbaw fans think like that.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

We all know now what Grants abilities are. We all know now it was a mistake, as Ross admitted.

Irrelevant now though, and being poor at your job doesn't make an individual a bad person, only fitbaw fans think like that.

Aye.

I just felt really sorry for Grant in the end up, his plan simply didn’t work.  I don’t think it helped that he had an inexperienced management team beside him, and his signings just didn’t work out in that mix.  He seems a lovely man and anyone I’ve spoken to that’s met him in and out of football talks highly of him as a coach and as a person.  He refuses to badmouth the club or support despite being sacked.  A gentleman, but was wrong appointment at wrong time.

As for John Hughes though….

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Aye.

I just felt really sorry for Grant in the end up, his plan simply didn’t work.  I don’t think it helped that he had an inexperienced management team beside him, and his signings just didn’t work out in that mix.  He seems a lovely man and anyone I’ve spoken to that’s met him in and out of football talks highly of him as a coach and as a person.  He refuses to badmouth the club or support despite being sacked.  A gentleman, but was wrong appointment at wrong time.

As for John Hughes though….

Think you are letting Grant off the hook there. The set-up was a complete shambles. Dom Thomas as a deep sitting midfielder. The back line was all over the place. He had a near full pre-season to work with his team. Playing that system at Ibrox was delusional. I personally though his set-up was worse that Yogis.

He came in saying stuff like '' It not Real Madrid we're playing, it's Partick Thistle''. ''I blow everyone's CV out the water''. If you come out with nonsense like that, your setting yourself up for a fall.

I have zero sympathy for him. He is the worst Dunfermline manager I've witnessed since following Pars from 1985. 13 games and no wins. That's not his inexperienced coaching staff fault. He should've demanded a proper coaching team in place if he thought the team he inherited wasn't good enough. Like McPake demanded.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Think you are letting Grant off the hook there. The set-up was a complete shambles. Dom Thomas as a deep sitting midfielder. The back line was all over the place. He had a near full pre-season to work with his team. Playing that system at Ibrox was delusional. I personally though his set-up was worse that Yogis.

He came in saying stuff like '' It not Real Madrid we're playing, it's Partick Thistle''. ''I blow everyone's CV out the water''. If you come out with nonsense like that, your setting yourself up for a fall.

I have zero sympathy for him. He is the worst Dunfermline manager I've witnessed since following Pars from 1985. 13 games and no wins. That's not his inexperienced coaching staff fault. He should've demanded a proper coaching team in place if he thought the team he inherited wasn't good enough. Like McPake demanded.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

22 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

20 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Hard to disagree with any of that.

I think you can have both opinions on this one.  It is hard to disagree with anything Tartan Army Par says.  Grants record as manager was damning.

For me Grant was sacked way too late. It was obvious very early on (the Ayr game being the obvious full stop to me) that it wasn’t working.  

I did say it was wrong appointment at wrong time.

BUT -  in the spirit of this thread, I was more referring to how Grant was as a person.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

in the spirit of this thread, I was more referring to how Grant was as a person.

Which was the original point - McPake's generosity of spirit was being compared with that of the previous incumbents, and I only chimed in to say that that judgement seemed harsh on Grant. His ability as a manager really had nothing to do with it! :-)

• Upvote 1