Pars v the wee team

Superally

Three games in and the games just get tougher. However this time the Pars are at home and face the “wee team” Raith Rovers who are showing a fair degree of ambition this season following a board room change and some significant signings. The wee team are highly fancied for a play off spot this season and are looking competitive already. Moving on from Martin “That’s never 10 yards” Hardie and looking back we have not challenged Raith In the league recently, however in July we did face Raith in the San Starko in the Viaplay cup, drawing 1-1 with a McCann goal and winning the bonus point on penalties 4-2 and some initial kudos.  Like the Pars, Raith have 4 points from two games and while they have strengthened the Pars have yet to do so. We will see if fabled Pen Giff appears before Saturday. McPake is still struck with injures, Tod has a long way to go. KRH is running but perhaps its slightly too early for the bench. McCann after being rested will be fancying his chances after his goal last time out. Most folk were pitching for a draw last time out, I think home advantage and good crowd we will edge a close game by a single goal    

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Pars v the wee team

Not to be pedantic but Andrew is Tod, and Matty is Todd.

I fancy our chances. everyone always seems desperate to write the team off, with no real substance other than our clearly weaker bench, which is improving with players like Breen and O'Halloran coming back. We've proved in the friendlies, cup games and league games thus far that our starting 11 is more than a match for anyone, especially at home. I think with a good atmosphere and home advantage, we've got a great chance of 3 points or a draw at least.

• Like 1

I think we can edge what will be a close game, It has been a tough opening few games so i'll be reasonably happy with a point. If we can strengthen before the game even better but I do think we have a opening 11 that will stand up to any team especially at home. We will be OK once the injuries have resolved and we are back to full strength.  

19 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'm reasonably optimistic when we're playing at home. I think we'll scrape a win on Saturday, by 1 goal. Raith are a good enough side to cause us real issues. I'll go 2-1.

My feelings exactly. I think the Rovers would be delighted to go home with a point, but they're going to be disappointed. 😀

Despite our small squad JM has a few tough selection calls to make. Does Breen come back in for Otoo, Does Otoo move into midfield and if so who drops out? Does Summers come in or do we stick with MO’H.

I’d guess Breen comes back in with Otoo in midfield in place of Allan or Hamilton and MO’H starting.

That said I forgot we have McCann to get back in and he has to start for me.

29 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Will KRH be fit enough for the bench…..?

No chance, he's nowhere near ready. He was always going to be out until at least September/October. 

My Mrs was in East End yesterday and Matty Todd and Mehmet were both walking about in moon boots still.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Has Todd had surgery ? Will we see him back this year? Any detail on the exact nature of his injury. Been on holiday for a few weeks so may have missed updates.   

It was an ankle injury, ligament most likely. It required surgery which he's had, I'd expect him back October/November-ish.

• Upvote 1