ICT v Pars

Superally

21 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

What concerned you Grant? Kelty Par thought we should've won based on last 30 mins. No being a dick but just interested in your opinion.

We had a chance near the death that would've won the game, but it would've been wholly undeserved IMO. 

Footballs odd, I thought we were worse than last week but we've came away with a point more. I thought there was just no gamelan for us going forward, MoH and McCann had absolutely no chemistry and just didn't seem to link up, at all. Inverness pretty much surrendered possession in that second half and invited us onto them, and we just didn't know what to do. It was as bad a performance as I can remember in a league game under McPake. 

Moffat’s chance, header which the defender just took off mccann’s head, one Edwards flashed right across the goal and no one there. Defo created enough and certainly more than what Inverness created the whole game. Game changed when KRH was on. Get boys up to speed and some players in and we’ll be just fine

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Moffat’s chance, header which the defender just took off mccann’s head, one Edwards flashed right across the goal and no one there. Defo created enough and certainly more than what Inverness created the whole game. Game changed when KRH was on. Get boys up to speed and some players in and we’ll be just fine

We're fair scraping the barrel if we're including crosses which don't even reach Pars players as chances! 

3 hours ago, Grant said:

We're fair scraping the barrel if we're including crosses which don't even reach Pars players as chances! 

Just meant it as in if we actually had a striker where they were supposed to be then it’s 3 points and down the road. To play so poor for 75 mins and feel like we still should’ve won it isn’t too bad. 2 weeks till next league game so hope for some strikers in and boys to get a wee bit further forward in recovery 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Highlights: 

I've only watched from our goal onwards  but we looked alright. Moffat looks a player (based on a short amount of footage, admittedly).

We were alright. I'm scratching my head at some of the comments I've read online about how bad we were. 

I agree, first half, we were poor and the goal, well, the least said about that the better. The second half though (as usual) we absolutely battered them and deserved more than a point. I also agree on Moffat. There looks to be a fantastic partnership brewing with him and KRH and it's going to give McPake some difficult choices to make once Todd is fit again. 

8 hours ago, Digs said:

We were alright. I'm scratching my head at some of the comments I've read online about how bad we were. 

I agree, first half, we were poor and the goal, well, the least said about that the better. The second half though (as usual) we absolutely battered them and deserved more than a point. I also agree on Moffat. There looks to be a fantastic partnership brewing with him and KRH and it's going to give McPake some difficult choices to make once Todd is fit again. 

I'm not so sure, I thought that was as bad as I have saw us those first 60mins.

No arguments if we had been three down, very lucky with the offside. A poor showing against the worst Caley team I have seen.

On the flip side the last 30 we were very good.

Any word on Wighton?

Better 2nd half without a doubt. I was glad we came away with a draw being honest. Moffat looks like a very exciting prospect. Summers has class. KRH was buzzing about, which was pleasing to see. I was a bit frustrated at McCann and his inability to get onto opportunities in and around the box. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Better 2nd half without a doubt. I was glad we came away with a draw being honest. Moffat looks like a very exciting prospect. Summers has class. KRH was buzzing about, which was pleasing to see. I was a bit frustrated at McCann and his inability to get onto opportunities in and around the box. 

I used to get frustrated at McCann for this too but I’ve accepted he’s not a striker and never will be imo. Much better coming off the wide areas where he’s had his best spell in the team

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kelty_par said:

I used to get frustrated at McCann for this too but I’ve accepted he’s not a striker and never will be imo. Much better coming off the wide areas where he’s had his best spell in the team

There's a few strikers who started off wide, learned the game before becoming very accomplished through the middle. 

Now I'm not saying McCann is going to be the next Ronaldo/Henry, however with experience ya never know. There's no doubt he's allot less effective through the middle at the moment however, which really makes the need for another striker quite pressing. Hopefully something comes to fruition over the next couple of weeks.