Queens Park v Pars

Superally

After the “diddy cup” interlude the Pars are back in league action to face Queens Park in another away fixture. Our last meeting was 2 yrs ago in a play off where we were turned over and relegated in what was a nightmare season. Queens Park have played 5 games thus far and started the season well however they have lost their last 2 games against Partick and Raith shipping 6 goals in the process. Overall they have score 8 goals (Double the Pars goals) and have conceded the same so like the Pars they have a 0 GD. Last Saturday the Pars required to play with a very makeshift side due to an ever growing injury list and players non availability. Hopefully this Sat McPake will have the semblance of a more competitive first eleven. With KRH Todd, Benedictus, Breen & Mehmet, still on the injury list we also might see the return of Wighton and Moffat who was taken off precautionary at Tanadice. However, the Pars have added former Dundee striker Jakubiak, Fisher will return from suspension and Summers will return following U21 international duty. The Pars have had a tough opening to the season with one loss a win and two draws and this fixture will be no different and while Queens will be a threat I think the Pars might edge this by a single goal. COYP

With Breen and Bene out injured it kind of means Hamilton and Otoo playing with Fisher at the back. You could put Comrie in there in the RCB role but not sure who takes right wing back in his place with KRH out. Allan would come into midfield beside Chalmers if Otoo and Hamilton are at the back.

It all very makeshift at the back and and inexperienced. I would like to see us bring in an experienced centre back on loan til January if possible.

Wighton should be back and Jakubiak now an option so that's a positive.  Moffat, O'Halloran  and McCann available as wide options. Summers as the attack midfielder or Andy Tod, so options going forward are OK. 

All fine filling positions to cover injured players but are the good enough in these positions at this level? Hope so,  but really disappointing to be hit with so many injuries to key players. Just feels like we canny get a break this season. Hope we had the worst of it at the start and can get a more settled team in a few months.

Think we will get beat on Saturday in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Tartan Army Par said:

With Breen and Bene out injured it kind of means Hamilton and Otoo playing with Fisher at the back. You could put Comrie in there in the RCB role but not sure who takes right wing back in his place with KRH out. Allan would come into midfield beside Chalmers if Otoo and Hamilton are at the back.

It all very makeshift at the back and and inexperienced. I would like to see us bring in an experienced centre back on loan til January if possible.

Wighton should be back and Jakubiak now an option so that's a positive.  Moffat, O'Halloran  and McCann available as wide options. Summers as the attack midfielder or Andy Tod, so options going forward are OK. 

We've got an interesting choice's at the back

Could go with a 4 of comrie fisher otoo edwards

or 2 options in a 5

Comrie fisher hamilton otoo edwards

O'halloran comrie fisher otoo edwards

All have upsides and downsides, the first looks ok but we aren't used to a back 4,  the 2nd means we keep the most of the midfield that got overran last week but has an extent of leadership in there. The later would release hamilton into midfield which would be helpful but the central CB is normally the organiser and I'm not sure that's fisher's game. 

Edited by parsforlife

5 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Otoo maybe? He was captain of Celtic B I think?

I don't see a formation where he plays central in a 3 with our current availability and I don't think it suits him,  one of his biggest assets is his ability to carry the ball out and join in with attacks,  that would be completely eliminated if he played central.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Sharp

Comrie-Fisher-Breen-Otoo-Edwards

Hamilton-Chalmers 

Moffat/Summers-Wighton/Jak-McCann

Not sure on the injury and fitness situation for Summers and Wighton but if they are fit I reckon they'll start. With Jak, Moffat and MoH all to come on. 

Breens injured again is he not?