Pars v Morton

Superally

After a great away win against Queens Park the Pars have their first home game in a month facing Morton. This should be an interesting game as in recent years I feel Morton have held a bit of a hex over the Pars where we never quite managed to do as well as we should against them. Morton sit 8th in the table, 4pts and 2 places below the Pars. In their last 5 games they have won one, lost three and their last outing was a good but perhaps unexpected 1-1 draw against Dundee Utd. They have scored one more goal than the Pars (7) but have conceded 12 against the Pars 4. The Pars still have their injury concerns, but the team effectively last weekend dominated against a good Queens Park side that will likely push for a play off place and highlighted the benefits of a well organised team with adaptable players with a very good work ethic. Playing at behind a good crowd at EEP will give the players an additional incentive. There are no easy games in this league but I think the Pars have enough quality to earn a home win. 2-1 Pars. COYP

• Upvote 1

Anything less tha 3 pts would be a disappointment. Playing at home against a team below us, will bring added pressures. Winning at Hampden was brilliant, but there was no great expectancy. I would think Morton will sit in and look to score on the counter. We'll find out how good we are at breaking down a well organised side. Probably only one goal in it. 

1-0 Pars.

2 hours ago, Digs said:

I think this will be a 1 or 2-0 win. 

A bit of confidence in the camp, a good shape about us, and Morton are absolute jobbies. They will sit in though, I agree, but if we can stretch them the way we did Queens, then we'll be fine.

I think it'll be similar to a lot of games last season, with Morton sitting deep, trying to frustrate us and hitting on the break.

In Summers, Moffat and Wighton and the form McCann's in I think we've got the players that can break them down. 2-0 Pars.

• Upvote 3

McPake saying that Allan and Tod are likely to return. Mehmet is also back training But i don't think McPake will risk him this weekend. Breen out for another 3-4 weeks. KRH had surgery yesterday for a meniscus clean up. Bene - he isn't sure. McPake feels the squad is strong once all the injuries are back in play and is not looking to add any more atm.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Superally said:

McPake saying that Allan and Todd are likely to return. Mehmet is also back training But i don't think McPake will risk him this weekend. Breen out for another 3-4 weeks. KRH had surgery yesterday for a meniscus clean up. Bene - he isn't sure. McPake feels the squad is strong once all the injuries are back in play and is not looking to add any more atm.

You’ll get people excited with that post,  but it’s Tod that is expected back

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1