More EEP history given up for ad space.

SanguinePar

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see the news on COW's that club is repairing the "damage" to the legends wall by working with the Centenary Club  to create a new Art Installation called "Heroes of Halbeath Road".  No suggestion where this installation will be sited though, and i hope it recieves the same prominence of the old one. There is a shortlist of players and former managers you can select to be included, although IMO some notables are missing. Link below:

Heroes of Halbeath Road | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club - (dafc.co.uk)

• Upvote 1

Good that they're doing this, but:

1. I wonder if this was always planned (I doubt it, tbh), or if it's a response to supporter dissatisfaction over the original change.
  2. Assuming it was planned,  I hope the wider lesson is learned that they need to communicate this stuff to the fans well in advance, canvas opinion, take and respond to feedback - and not just about what the changes should be, but whether to make them at all.
  3. It's a shame there's no info on the location or nature of this new installation - will it be in the same place as the old wall, will it have equivalent area, etc?
  4. It's also a shame there's no acknowledgement of the dissatisfaction caused by the original change, far less an apology.
  5. I see the Centenary Club are funding it - that's generous, but had the original change not happened, maybe that money could have been used for something else.
  6. They've spelled Kozma wrong.

I'm glad this is being done quickly as it was a PR disaster and I do suspect the club were caught on the back foot not realising it would upset so many. However I'm glad the Centenary are at least involved in terms of some fan representation. The list of names does have some notable absences Craig Brewster, Jimmy Calderwood took us to a cup final, and the incredible Kit Man that was Joe Nelson. In truth I suppose any list is always subjective but a good start would be using the existing legends on the wall.

Obviously bias will play a part, but some amount of our legends are from the late 60s through to the early 00s, with not allot coming before or after. 

For example, we've won four? 2nd tier titles in our history with the Bert Paton and Jim Leishman sides being legendry, the Jim McIntyre side seems poorly represented in comparison. 

I wasn't around in 1926 so I'm not really sure on that side! 

It is nitpicking, I just feel the word legend is thrown around fairly willy nilly, and once you start including some of the names on that list you could then have a list 100 names long. 

It's not as sexy but there'll have been people involved with saving the club a decade ago who are far bigger legends of Dunfermline and deserve to have there role within that feat marked down IMO. 

I'm absolutely looking too deeply into this right enough! 

Edited by Grant

1 hour ago, Grant said:

It's not as sexy but there'll have been people involved with saving the club a decade ago who are far bigger legends of Dunfermline and deserve to have there role within that feat marked down IMO. 

Valid point. Potentially this could be a massive almost endless list worthy of a debate. Is a fans favourite have the same status as a legend? And what is a legend / hero?