The Pars v The Jags

Superally

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Off the top of my head blaming Mehmet for the first goal. From memory it was weak from Edwards again defending a corner.

if you left early then 👋 👋 👋 

I absolutely blamed Mehmet for the first goal at the time, as did my sister who was at the game with me today, her first time watching the Pars for a couple of years.   She couldn’t believe how bad he was for both goals.   Suppose we will see soon when the goals are shown on X.  But teams are definitely targeting Mehmets inability to command his box, Morton did it couple of weeks ago, and Partick did it today. 

As for your other point, if people who have paid for a ticket want to leave 5 mins into a game or 50 minutes or be the last one there, then good on all of them.  Personally I’ve left a few games early when it’s clear we’re simply not going to get anything out of it.  Why not? I’ve paid my money, I give plenty of support when I’m there.  

Edited by Rossmcno1

Watched the highlights just now. Looked pretty even. 1st one, Mehmet should have came for the cross, then got punished for it. 2nd one, Mehmet came for the cross, then got punished for it. Probably lacking confidence just now. I wished that team had worn their little pink number yesterday. Onwards till the next one as they say.

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

I’d play Sharp. He has a mistake in him too, but he is much better with his distribution. 

How can the manager play an on loan keeper, to the exclusion of one recently tied down on a 3 year contract? Is Sharp away back to Dens in January or do we have him until the end of the season? And can Dundee recall him at any time if they need cover?

16 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

How can the manager play an on loan keeper, to the exclusion of one recently tied down on a 3 year contract? Is Sharp away back to Dens in January or do we have him until the end of the season? And can Dundee recall him at any time if they need cover?

Quite simple, he picks him, Little  or disco deek in front of Mehmet, save us a goal a game the way things are just now. 

On 16/12/2023 at 23:24, kelty_par said:

If a ball is in the area of the 6 yard box then a goalie should be coming for it. Would have to see it back though 

That is an outdated cliche. The boy next to me was banging on about that as well. Where the cross swung and where the header was made, there was no way that was his ball. He absolutely should have done better with the header though but I agree with Livi par that Edwards defending for it was absolutely honking. Caught wrong side of his man, and does nowhere near enough to put him off. The header was almost right in line with me, facing me, the boy just threw himself at it and hoped for the best, it hit the top of his head FFS. You've got to show more desire there and the manager even mentioned that in his post match comments.

The second goal, you see how he dealt with that, and you want him coming for crosses? I'd rather take our chances with the defenders if he's going to drop an easy catch under absolutely no pressure.

2 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Don't think he's lacking confidence. He just lacks the ability to stay switched on. His concentration seems to be a real issue and makes constant mistakes under no pressure.

That doesn't really make sense though because his concentration was absolutely tested more last season by not touching the ball for long periods in games and having to make saves, which he did.

To me, for whatever reason, the confident keeper we had last year has been replaced by the one we had in the championship previously whose confidence was in tatters. 

9 minutes ago, Digs said:

That is an outdated cliche. The boy next to me was banging on about that as well. Where the cross swung and where the header was made, there was no way that was his ball. He absolutely should have done better with the header though but I agree with Livi par that Edwards defending for it was absolutely honking. Caught wrong side of his man, and does nowhere near enough to put him off. The header was almost right in line with me, facing me, the boy just threw himself at it and hoped for the best, it hit the top of his head FFS. You've got to show more desire there and the manager even mentioned that in his post match comments.

The second goal, you see how he dealt with that, and you want him coming for crosses? I'd rather take our chances with the defenders if he's going to drop an easy catch under absolutely no pressure.

I've had this discussion with those around me before... I have absolutely no issue with him not coming for crosses, so long as his defense know he's not coming. It's when the defenders don't know if the keeper is coming or not that there's an issue.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Quite simple, he picks him, Little  or disco deek in front of Mehmet, save us a goal a game the way things are just now. 

Yeah, I know McPake can just select Sharp ahead of Mehmet, but does he want to publicly humiliate his contracted keeper and risk destroying his confidence, as happened under Grant when he wasn't helped by some of the defending in front of him, tbf? The alternative is that McPake takes him aside and tells him that he's still his first choice goalie, to put the last game behind him and go out next week and justify his faith in him. 

I'm quite confident that McPake will go for the latter option. We won't have long to wait too long to find out if my confidence is justified. Had Sharp not been an on loan keeper but a permanent back up to Deniz, I wouldn't be nearly so confident. 

2 minutes ago, lambo1885 said:

I've had this discussion with those around me before... I have absolutely no issue with him not coming for crosses, so long as his defense know he's not coming. It's when the defenders don't know if the keeper is coming or not that there's an issue.

Surely, he just shouts "keeper" if he's coming for a cross and then his team mates make sure they don't impede him?

3 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Yeah, I know McPake can just select Sharp ahead of Mehmet, but does he want to publicly humiliate his contracted keeper and risk destroying his confidence, as happened under Grant when he wasn't helped by some of the defending in front of him, tbf? The alternative is that McPake takes him aside and tells him that he's still his first choice goalie, to put the last game behind him and go out next week and justify his faith in him. 

I'm quite confident that McPake will go for the latter option. We won't have long to wait too long to find out if my confidence is justified. Had Sharp not been an on loan keeper but a permanent back up to Deniz, I wouldn't be nearly so confident. 

Problem is that Mehmet is publicly humiliating us every other week.............

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Surely, he just shouts "keeper" if he's coming for a cross and then his team mates make sure they don't impede him?

He could, but if the keeper sometimes come and sometimes stays on his line, that creates uncertainty. If the defenders know he's not coming they know they need to deal with it and can be positioned accordingly. If they know he's coming for it they can get then defend the striker/area and allow the goalie to deal with it.