New year v Rovers

Fifes Elite

Very poor today. We are far too slow to move the ball forward. The only time we did it today we scored. Mehmet is a bomb scare. The midfield has no fight in it and is over run at every opportunity.

jackubik is a player and does well but has no service off him. He’s sting and holds ball well but nothing around him to help. O’halloran would be aswell as calling it quits how he’s made a living out of football is unbelievable.

we need 2 cbs. A solid ball winning midfielder and a striker in January or we’re getting dragged into a relegation fight. 

I also noticed liam Craig was helping with the warm up today along with another coach. Don’t think we need any other coaches and surely our scout should be elsewhere looking for players not at our game? 

2 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

4th would be a successful season. Obviously we'd get done in the Play Offs, but for an injury ravaged side it would be an acceptable finish

If no signings get made then be scraping to stay up at this rate. Can’t keep carrying on like this. The state of the bench today….

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Well we made it competitive which was what I was wanting before the game and from there see if we can sneak something. We started the game well but after 10/15 mins rovers were the better team and deserved to be ahead. All the guys around me had resigned themselves that rovers would grab a second the way the game was going. Fair play to Summers to give the team a lift out of nowwhere with a wee bit of magic. 

What is frustrating is losing 2 goals from set pieces against a rovers team who arn't particularly big a tbh verging on criminal given the team was put together from a band of crocks and were managing to stay in the game.  After losing 2 cbs again we did ok but miss real quality up front. Most of the second half was a carbon copy of the 0-1 game at east end where we couldn't break down an organised rovers side while they lacked a bit of quality on the break to kill the game. Frustating we couldnt test the keeper more but thats down to rovers pretty solid defending along with our lack of quality. I think we have only scored 11 goals at home in 9 games(need to check that when I get home). We also seem to lose something in midfield when Otoo has to drop back in defence

As a side note I have noticed that most of the songs rovers fans sing seem to be about the pars which I quite enjoy.

Edited by Fifes Elite

5 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

We also seem to lose something in midfield when Otoo has to drop back in defence

Pace. Chalmers is far too slow for this level, compare him to brown, Byrne etc he’s miles off it. Chalmers minds me of wedderburn in the fact he’s so slow and can’t move the ball quick enough 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is a lot of I would say basic training that a lot of the players don’t do that would make their game easier.

At the back the defenders body shape in defending a ball could be better.

In midfield players don’t look at their surroundings enough I.e scan to move into space and open their body up when they receive the ball. Plus Chalmers and Otto played the ball into pressure a lot.

Up top and I’ll say it again Wighton did drop into space to receive the ball then his pass out wide would go out of play… our left/right midfield need to be running down the line to receive the ball and attack but were flat footed a lot. Jubiecak can receive the ball all he want but there is no looking to bring any player in as his heads looking at the ground all the time then he tries to take everyone on and eventually goes out of play.

• Upvote 1

Disappointing result and being honest Raith did what they had to do without being spectacular after their second they managed the game out fairly comfortably albeit we did have a couple of chances near the death. I was disappointed that we seemed to be slow to anticipate what they were going to do. At a couple of set plays players appeared to be reluctant / confused in setting up a wall. Even at short corners we were slow to respond. I cant blame Mehmet too much at the first, O'Reilly should never been allowed to get the header in at either goal, but I find it frustrating that he wont come off his line to claim a catchable cross. In fairness he made a good few saves. Once again not only my hopes of a clean sheet were dashed but we have succumbed to even more injuries. No chance of Been or Fisher being available for Friday. I didn't think we have to go wild in the Jan transfer market but we do need a experienced CH just to add stability if anything else.       

10 minutes ago, Superally said:

Impressive display once more from the North West. Only disappointed by the clowns throwing smoke bombs on the pitch. 

20240102_145925.jpg

Won’t be surprised to see it shut down now. Club can’t afford the fines and policing costs. I’d rather they went on some new signings 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SRBpar said:

Very poor today. We are far too slow to move the ball forward. The only time we did it today we scored. Mehmet is a bomb scare. The midfield has no fight in it and is over run at every opportunity.

jackubik is a player and does well but has no service off him. He’s sting and holds ball well but nothing around him to help. O’halloran would be aswell as calling it quits how he’s made a living out of football is unbelievable.

we need 2 cbs. A solid ball winning midfielder and a striker in January or we’re getting dragged into a relegation fight. 

I also noticed liam Craig was helping with the warm up today along with another coach. Don’t think we need any other coaches and surely our scout should be elsewhere looking for players not at our game? 

Don’t get me started on our scout always being at our games on a Saturday 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Don’t get me started on our scout always being at our games on a Saturday 

I said on the way home that we were reminsecent of Man Utd, in a bad way. 

Our recruitment is totally structured with the manager, and whatever players he's prior played with. I'm not convinced the guy your mentioned is a scout, or that we have a recruitment body. If they are they're being ignored. 

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Pace. Chalmers is far too slow for this level, compare him to brown, Byrne etc he’s miles off it. Chalmers minds me of wedderburn in the fact he’s so slow and can’t move the ball quick enough 

Disagree entirely, for a spell in the game he was literally our only bright spot. 

I've got no criticism of McPake for today, what I would say is today is a result of our failings as a club over the past recruitment window, and whether that's McPake,or the ownership deserve a fair whack of criticism for that. If Davie Cook is getting paid over 150 grand a year than **** knows why we had to spend another guy to do commercial stuff. We'll be spending a fortune on off the field spending while still relying in McPake knowing a player from Dundee to fill a gap, an absolute shambles. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Won’t be surprised to see it shut down now. Club can’t afford the fines and policing costs. I’d rather they went on some new signings 

Was the thought of many today. Think there were 4 in total today. 1 at the away end, 1 at the NW at the start and 1 when we equalised, which all made the pitch. 1 in the NW went off in the middle at the corner flag end. Guy sitting next to me in the Norrie was worried, as his laddie sits in that section. Yi dinnae want a flare near your eyes, or anywhere near your pus. Worse if you inhale it . I'm assuming it was 13/14 year olds, who probably don't care if it does get shut. Maybe the club could do their own flare/pyrotechnics type thing behind the goals at kick off, to maybe save them the urge to do it. Can't be expensive if the neds can afford it. Or maybe try and catch them.

35 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

First time I've ever outright negative reaction from the test of the stadium, after our goal when the second? Smoke bomb went on there was loudspread boos. 

With no Bene and the defence being all over shop we need a strong Mehmet to command the players, read what's going on to help them. He's just not good enough, catchings average, not convincing on or off his line. I don't think the players trust him anymore. Granted its not helping two or three times players are being moved around a game with injuries. Can't change the contract situation but he's not going to be dropped but really needs to now for me.

We are too slow and predictable, I like Chalmers but he's too slow for this formation to work. Too many bad days at the office this afternoon and they were our senior players. I think Otto struggled but wouldn't have played today other than necessity. 

I disagree about relying on Mcpake relying on players from Dundee. We needed a player on short notice hence Sharp coming in and Jakubiak because its natural to look where you know, although regardless of us wanting in the previous window I still think it was a panic buy.