Is McPake's time up?

Update: Should James McPake be relieved of his duties?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is McPake's time up now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Give him a target to achieve

We seem to be doing things in reverse .. we play the first half like the away team .. trying to control and limit the opposition when we should be battering them .. maybe score one or two then go into limit the opposition mode .. We word for Chalmers .. we only start to play forward when he is on the park .. If we can coach the forwards to run at angles and into spaces then Joe would be the first name on my team sheet 

19 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

We seem to be doing things in reverse .. we play the first half like the away team .. trying to control and limit the opposition when we should be battering them .. maybe score one or two then go into limit the opposition mode .. We word for Chalmers .. we only start to play forward when he is on the park .. If we can coach the forwards to run at angles and into spaces then Joe would be the first name on my team sheet 

If you recall, we did the same in league one 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Secure Par said:

So what has happened since the Raith game?? Some players out and Mehmet back in goals…shouldn’t make much a difference surely? 

Maybe playing against 11 men made a difference. McPake is out his depth and Rovers game never disguised that for me.

The football has always been awful under him and that's OK if you get results to back it up, but he doesn't. The guy should be out the door. He's simply not a very good football manager. 

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

I'm utterly sick to death of watching bang average teams come to EEP and being handed 3 points on a plate.

I really wanted McPake to succeed but we need to change things. Sadly this won't happen until new owners are found.

We're doomed as long as this limbo continues. 

• Upvote 4

Surely McPakes assistant could have a word as they are best mates and say”this isn’t working blah blah” so we maybe need to change the set up? Or is assistant managers just there to assist the manager now? Surely McPake can see it’s not working as we have a decent squad. 

I always said he can't be a bad manager overnight, he has. I refuse to watch the cautious brand of football that he is consistent with. Football that makes you yawn. He might keep us up still, I'll come back when we try to win matches. He's taken us as far as we can go, back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

That’s where I don’t get it…if you are a manger and the team is playing bad then change the formation etc?? We have players that can adapt so what is the problem? 

We did change personnel and formation today.  Still didn't work,  I think there's a more core issue about how we drill attacking phases of play into the team.