Is McPake's time up?

Update: Should James McPake be relieved of his duties?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is McPake's time up now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Give him a target to achieve

19 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm utterly sick to death of watching bang average teams come to EEP and being handed 3 points on a plate.

I really wanted McPake to succeed but we need to change things. Sadly this won't happen until new owners are found.

We're doomed as long as this limbo continues. 

Aye, from top to bottom this sums it up for me. 

Agreed that I doubt anything changes until a new owner comes in. 

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

We did change personnel and formation today.  Still didn't work,  I think there's a more core issue about how we drill attacking phases of play into the team.

Aye this is it for me. I've long stopped caring about what formation we played. For a long while I thought the 5 at the back was the problem, but we look just as awful going forward with 4.

1 hour ago, Maltapar said:

Tobi back in goal for me makes a huge difference and if we sign Mebude this week and he plays then I am hoping that we might manage a win next week against the only team with a poorer start to the season than us. 

Mebude looked knackered just doing shuttle runs. 

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He was involved in a serious car crash only a couple of months ago, I don't think if he signs anyone is expecting him to be close to fully fit.

Yes I know he was. Last thing we need is another player who is going to be on the sidelines more than on the pitch. I would rather we played Sutherland instead.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Yes I know he was. Last thing we need is another player who is going to be on the sidelines more than on the pitch. I would rather we played Sutherland instead.

He played in the reserve match scored and provided an assist. He will have been assessed in training. He will only get fully match fit if he gets to play and I hope we will see him signed shortly and come off the bench next Saturday against Airdrie. 

4 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

McPake has to go, one win against a rank 10 man wee team is not acceptable. Third season in and we are still playing boring pish. This is his team and his tactics therefore it's on him, no injury list to hide behind this time.

Genuine question - would you change your mind if we beat Airdrie, Kelty and Morton? And played on the front foot with a settled team and formation.

McPake and McKay are contracted until 2026 I believe? No idea what they are on salary wise, but I imagine it would be something like £60k & £45k each at a minimum, so you're looking at upwards of £200k to shift them, then bring in who?? Is there even a cheap option if we were to punt them an utilise someone in the backroom team already on the payroll? I can't think of anyone now that Shields bailed out?

7 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

McPake and McKay are contracted until 2026 I believe? No idea what they are on salary wise, but I imagine it would be something like £60k & £45k each at a minimum, so you're looking at upwards of £200k to shift them, then bring in who?? Is there even a cheap option if we were to punt them an utilise someone in the backroom team already on the payroll? I can't think of anyone now that Shields bailed out?

Chalmers would be the first I could think, he's coaching the youngsters still I think.

Wotherspoon helping out with coaching too?

15 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Genuine question - would you change your mind if we beat Airdrie, Kelty and Morton? And played on the front foot with a settled team and formation.

No for me, results have been shocking since December. Hasn't played on the front foot against average teams when we were in league one.

If he hadn't changed back to his default set-up when we had those mind numbing draws against ICT, QP, PT and the toothless Airdrie display. I might have a different opinion. 

Nice guy and never nice to see someone struggle, doubt he's going anywhere soon and he can prove wrong. 

I resisted posting in the aftermath of that Queens defeat. I’ll readily admit I didn’t make the game on Sat but by all accounts, it has been very similar to other games I have witnessed with a negative approach to the game. Only against Raith could you consider we have played to win the game and that was against 10 men. McPakes post match comments far too often reflect a similar phrase book, slow build up, not getting enough on the ball, not creating enough opportunities etc etc. And how many times have we heard that that management have picked out the wrong team, frankly the excuses are unacceptable and its easy to see the fans frustration across all forums. In truth McPake has been dealt a bad hand and there is mitigating circumstances given the mess of the club at boardroom level. However, the level of performance evident thus far is McPake’s responsibility and that is well below expectation. We have two games before we complete the first quarter of games. Last season over a similar period we managed to win 4 games, 3 defeats and 2 draws earning 14pts, scoring 12 goals and conceding 9. Given that was a period where we had horrendous injury problems to key players it’s an achievement. Given our current performance this season of managing a single win and draw and 5 defeats. Admittedly we may win against Airdrie and Morton but recent performances suggest otherwise. I want to try and support the manager but he looks like a broken man atm and we just can keep replacing managers. Anyway who is available that would be able to turn it around, not only on the park but also be able to deal with the uncertainty off it. Like many Pars fans we are losing patience over performances that is worthy of a relegation place. A similar performance and defeat against Airdrie on Sat and McPakes position might well be untenable.

3 hours ago, livipar2 said:

No,

We see a wee glimmer of hope (Dundee Utd, Raith) then revert to type with clueless pish then concede "I picked the wrong team". Seems like a nice bloke but it's a no for me

4 hours ago, El Patrón said:

There'll be break clauses in the contract, he won't get the whole 200k. 

I'd give it to Chalmers, the academy manager/another senior member of the playing staff (Benedictus or Wotherspoon?) could then help him out. From what I've heard Chalmers is very well respected within the dressing room. 

The last time we got out of this division it came from promoting from within, could happen again.