Is McPake's time up?

Update: Should James McPake be relieved of his duties?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is McPake's time up now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Give him a target to achieve

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Anyone who witnessed Saturday and decided to single Chalmers out for blame, probably needs banned from EEP. Clearly, no idea what they are watching.

Correct. It's typical of Pars fans though, I've said it for over 20 years. One person makes a statement, and keeps repeating it, others join in, then it becomes established as 'fact' because a huge number of football fans have no clue about the game or what they are actually watching to form their own opinions so they go along with what they think is the majority in order to not sound stupid, which is ironic. 

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Because Joe lacks pace and doesn't put guys up in the air, some class him as a poor player. A good team needs a balance of players with different but complimentary skillsets

Add to that our slow build up doesn't suit him at all. If theres no one running around him his passing will always be sideways or back.

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Add to that our slow build up doesn't suit him at all. If theres no one running around him his passing will always be sideways or back.

I've been screaming this for weeks. The rovers game was the only game I've seen us get men beyond the ball. Saturday it was back to the old cautious ways first half and we got leathered. Second half, we got men on to get beyond the ball and guess what? We created chances! Who'd have thought it!? 

I've given McPake a bit of grace until Saturday, but it's now obvious that the players not being brave is down to how they are being set up to play. I get trying to be hard to beat, but it shouldn't be at the cost of winning, especially when we aren't hard to beat!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Digs said:

I get trying to be hard to beat, but it shouldn't be at the cost of winning, especially when we aren't hard to beat!

Our league 1 campaign was built around this. We hardly conceded any goals so i could stomach the football on display. Now we hardly create anything going forward but concede really simple to defend goals. Not the best combination.

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Our league 1 campaign was built around this. We hardly conceded any goals so i could stomach the football on display. Now we hardly create anything going forward but concede really simple to defend goals. Not the best combination.

I wonder if we're missing Edwards more than expected? I couldn't off the top of my head say whether more goals are originating from the left, but maybe?

8 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Oh definitely, but I meant his absence for defensive purposes. Although I guess when you are attacking the other team aren't.

I don’t think so, he wasn’t a great defender. In fact, he was often bullied into conceding headers at the back post. It happened in half of the Rovers games last year resulting in goals. 

We now have absolutely nothing wide left unless we let KRH free from staying tight inside. See Utd game last year, the Rovers game and Saturday. 

We're missing edwards going forward much more than we are going back.

Just another thing to get ****ed off at for our summer recruitment.  We knew in January there were clubs willing to pay more than what his release clause would be once we triggered his extension.  But we made little effort to bring in the quality needed to replace that.