Transfer News & Gossip

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We lost £3m in 2001 and another £3m in 2003. The year in between we managed only to lose half of that.

I'd say the present board have a bit to do to exceed the £7.5m over 3 seasons.

There's no requirement to compare both situations other than financial competency should be a given.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Grant said:

You don't reckon McPake is consulted at any stage with regards to contracts or how wages will effect future transfers? 

No, he isn't. Cook and Meggle deal with all contracts and negotiations.

1 minute ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Heard Glenn Middleton not 100% about source but has been decent in the past

Coming from wages at Norwich to Rangers, then Dundee Utd. I can't see our board sanctioning a deal like this.

We need a back up keeper (as we all know).

Defensive cover. We play three CBs and only have 3 CBs. Breen is a complete crock, so surely another CB required. Left back cover required still. I'm guessing O'Halloran and KRH are seen as right back cover, even though they are not right backs or even wing backs. They are wingers.

If Hamilton and Otoo are cover for other defensive areas, we will need another central midfielder when they are playing elsewhere in the backline.

Four players required in positions further back before making this fairly expensive signing in a forward area. 

I would welome it,  if it was on top of the signing four other players to stengthen lighter areas of the squad.

No chance of that happening under our owners attitude to the first team requirements.