Transfer News & Gossip

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

We haven’t been linked to much players either. We really can’t afford another slow transfer window like last summer as I fear it could set us back especially when the squads needing a lot of signings 

I think a slow approach is exactly how it'll go as it's been our strategy past few seasons. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Heard they have a decent offer on the table for Shaun Byrne too. Making a move this year?

This year is the year to make a push for automatic promotion imo. There's no real 'big' team in the league and next season whoever comes down you'd think will have far more resources than Livi did/have this year.

No problem with him moving on, he's done a good job and we're being rewarded for helping develop him.  Need to make sure all funds raised from it are put into first team budget, can't have a repeat of last time where what should have been an excellent cash investment got lost in the either.

Really considering not renewing the season ticket as much as it pains me. The lack of ambition or “plan” is sickening, the closest we get to any form of exciting announcement is that we’ve agreed to sell Josh. Put up with this pish for too long and get the impression we have just become a play thing for the new owners. Seek.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Turner back at thistle. They seem to be making some decent moves so far, not bad for a team that was nearly in administration last season 

Aye, they got a Hail Mary investor come through with one batch of £500k after that admin chat, and another £500k this summer.   Still not convinced that they’ve signed that well yet, same as Rovers - but both are spending some cash.

41 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Aye, they got a Hail Mary investor come through with one batch of £500k after that admin chat, and another £500k this summer.   Still not convinced that they’ve signed that well yet, same as Rovers - but both are spending some cash.

Out of the players thistle are signing/linked with; Chalmers, Byrne, turner. They all walk into our team 

This is the season we should be really going for it and be building a squad to win the league or get a playoff spot at least. No Dundee clubs or Ross County splashing the cash. Looks like Patrick have realised this and are going for it. I doubt our owners will spend and the squad will be filled with loan signings.

Edited by rosythpar
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

This is the season we should be really going for it and be building a squad to win the league or get a playoff spot at least. No Dundee clubs or Ross County splashing the cash. Looks like Patrick have realised this and are going for it. I doubt our owners will spend and the squad will be filled with loan signings.

Lack of signings. No ST sales update. No signs of new kits despite David cook saying they were on way and would be released mid may 

• Upvote 5