Transfer News & Gossip

Have to admit I'm getting a bit angsty over signings, its certainly not panic time yet but when deals are getting done around us it does worry me we maybe doing the same thing and expecting different results, or worse doing the same thing as we were happy with how our recruitment worked out last season

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Lack of signings. No ST sales update. No signs of new kits despite David cook saying they were on way and would be released mid may 

I would like to see more information on sales of season tickets.

I bought me and my partners season tickets last Sunday. Moved along to section L in NW away from my usual seat and looking at the accompanying graphic of the seats left there were virtually none available in the NW. Of course that's not telling us much as fans still have till 1st July to renew their season ticket, I think we'll then see a few more seats become available in the NW. I hope it sells out again though. 

Can't see us having much of a budget, especially after the recent figures posted. Hopefully can attract some players through the doors soon though. We'll need a better squad than both Raith and Thistle if we want to finish above them. Don't know if any targets are expected this season from the board, but surely it has to include the Play Offs. 

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I would like to see more information on sales of season tickets.

I'm quite forgiving about this actually, it's just something that's so much easier to do coming off a successful season when you naturally experience a growth in sales to do the whole 'X tickets sold, what a club' stuff. Truthfully a matching of last seasons sales would be a good return but even that's going to be an achieved at a slower rate and that leaves it hard to do these updates without them being compared unfavourably to previous years.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Out of the players thistle are signing/linked with; Chalmers, Byrne, turner. They all walk into our team 

I wouldn’t take turner over Otoo or Hamilton I tell you that.   He’s a wee troublemaker and I’m not convinced he’s that good.  His career moves suggests the same.   Linked with a signing means feck all til they come in the door.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Can't see us having much of a budget, especially after the recent figures posted. Hopefully can attract some players through the doors soon though. We'll need a better squad than both Raith and Thistle if we want to finish above them. Don't know if any targets are expected this season from the board, but surely it has to include the Play Offs. 

Club send out an email to fan on behalf of James McPake on season ticket renewal. His aspirations are the leagues top section. 

Screenshot_20240607_071917_com.google.android.gm-01.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Aye, I think it is perfectly understandable to feel underwhelmed and unenthusiastic at the moment.  However, I don't think it is fair to say that there is no plan or any demonstrable ambition.

The one thing the current regime clearly do have is a plan.  Whether you agree with it or think it will work is a separate discussion, but there is an obvious strategy in place.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I wouldn’t take turner over Otoo or Hamilton I tell you that.   He’s a wee troublemaker and I’m not convinced he’s that good.  His career moves suggests the same.   Linked with a signing means feck all til they come in the door.

Different players in different roles. He's far more comparable to Mochrie that we're being linked with, and he's levels better. 

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

Be nice to think that we have a strip unveiling tonight with MFW and Mochrie modelling the home and away tops.

MFW has had his contract extended by Cardiff. Unless he comes back on loan, I'd have thought they want to push him out at a higher level now.

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Different players in different roles. He's far more comparable to Mochrie that we're being linked with, and he's levels better. 

I’d rather have Mochrie tbh Grant.  I don’t rate Turner highly at all.  

Bit of a bugger hearing MFW has been renewed by Cardiff, he obviously did too well with us!

6 hours ago, Al k said:

MFW has had his contract extended by Cardiff. Unless he comes back on loan, I'd have thought they want to push him out at a higher level now.

Pity. He's got real quality and presence. 

• Upvote 1