Transfer News & Gossip

10 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I’d have Mochrie over Turner any day.

9 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’d rather have Mochrie tbh Grant.  I don’t rate Turner highly at all.  

Bit of a bugger hearing MFW has been renewed by Cardiff, he obviously did too well with us!

Turner is an established top Championship player who was getting starts for a playoff finalist team last year. Having been one of the best players that Partick Thistle had the year before, which earned him a move to the Premier. 

Mochrie wasn't a starter by the end of our league 1 campaign, and barely started a handful of games for Dundee Utd last season. 

I honestly don't know what to say guys, but if you're taking Mochrie above Turner I can only hope yous have nothing to do with our recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Turner is an established top Championship player who was getting starts for a playoff finalist team last year. Having been one of the best players that Partick Thistle had the year before, which earned him a move to the Premier. 

Mochrie wasn't a starter by the end of our league 1 campaign, and barely started a handful of games for Dundee Utd last season. 

I honestly don't know what to say guys, but if you're taking Mochrie above Turner I can only hope yous have nothing to do with our recruitment. 

Lol ya cheeky fud.  Luckily Grant, none of us in this thread have involvement in recruitment.  😂  

For me - Kyle Turner has failed in every move he’s made.  Came to us, fell out of favour, went to Partick - they lost in playoffs, went to Ross County - papped out on loan.  Went to Raith on loan, again out on playoffs.    

Chris Mochrie has two winners medals in his last two campaigns in a row.  Taking further your logic, we’re talking about comparing a winner (x 2) or a loser who can’t seem to hold down a club for more than one season.  Furthermore, we know from our own history, Turner can be a malignant wee *****.  Again taking on board the whole of the player - I’d rather not have him in our team thanks.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Lol ya cheeky fud.  Luckily Grant, none of us in this thread have involvement in recruitment.  😂  

For me - Kyle Turner has failed in every move he’s made.  Came to us, fell out of favour, went to Partick - they lost in playoffs, went to Ross County - papped out on loan.  Went to Raith on loan, again out on playoffs.    

Chris Mochrie has two winners medals in his last two campaigns in a row.  Taking further your logic, we’re talking about comparing a winner (x 2) or a loser who can’t seem to hold down a club for more than one season.  Furthermore, we know from our own history, Turner can be a malignant wee *****.  Again taking on board the whole of the player - I’d rather not have him in our team thanks.  

Failed in every move he's made? He was great for Stranraer so got his move to us, who after a fallout with the management led to him going to Airdrie where he was there best player apparently, done so good at Partick he was then picked up by County in the Premiership, a loan move to Raith where again by the end he'd become a key player. Using Raiths playoff defeat as a stick to beat him with when he couldn't play is 

Calling Mochrie a winner, but Turner a loser is legitimately wild. I'm genuinely baffled why we're even interested in Mochrie, it makes no sense. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Failed in every move he's made? He was great for Stranraer so got his move to us, who after a fallout with the management led to him going to Airdrie where he was there best player apparently, done so good at Partick he was then picked up by County in the Premiership, a loan move to Raith where again by the end he'd become a key player. Using Raiths playoff defeat as a stick to beat him with when he couldn't play is 

Calling Mochrie a winner, but Turner a loser is legitimately wild. I'm genuinely baffled why we're even interested in Mochrie, it makes no sense. 

Agree to disagree then.   

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think some are letting their opinion of turner as a person cloud their judgement of him as a footballer

Yep, I agree. Turner is a good player, but he's a wee wank imo 😆 

• Upvote 1

I fear a summer with relying on loan players is coming again. Clubs making losses year on year , despite fans backing the club with season tickets , new kits, hospitality etc it never seems to be enough. Another long season incoming 

• Upvote 2

The Germans big thing is bringing through players from the academy. Why did they not make money available to keep a player in Allan who was a product of the academy and was wanted to be kept by McPake. 

Very frustrating when you see players go to other championship teams and think why are we not getting them. You think we could of got two local boys in Alston and McInroy last season but went to Patrick. 

This is the season we should be seriously looking at promotion but if the board don't buck up we will end up in a relegation battle. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think some are letting their opinion of turner as a person cloud their judgement of him as a footballer

You are probably right. I thought he was a very decent player but he did have an attitude problem. He did appear to be a disturbing influence in the dressing room. If this is true then you have a dilemma. A decent talent but noises up his team mates and irritates them. It is a team game.

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

The Germans big thing is bringing through players from the academy. Why did they not make money available to keep a player in Allan who was a product of the academy and was wanted to be kept by McPake. 

Very frustrating when you see players go to other championship teams and think why are we not getting them. You think we could of got two local boys in Alston and McInroy last season but went to Patrick. 

This is the season we should be seriously looking at promotion but if the board don't buck up we will end up in a relegation battle. 

I don't think Paul Allan is ever going to be a mainstay of any team that wins the Scottish Championship - and he's now 24.

You can't keep players on forever just because they've graduated from the youth ranks.

I reckon Allan is a really good pro with a great attitude and McPake was being diplomatic out of respect. 

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I don't think Paul Allan is ever going to be a mainstay of any team that wins the Scottish Championship - and he's now 24.

You can't keep players on forever just because they've graduated from the youth ranks.

I reckon Allan is a really good pro with a great attitude and McPake was being diplomatic out of respect. 

I think he was too, but I do think there is concern over the budget for this summer too