Transfer News & Gossip

5 minutes ago, Raymie said:

That’s a lot of money at our level. 
Would our average wage for a player be about £1k per week ? 

I suspect the wages at our level have pushed far higher than fans suspect.   There's clubs pushing 3+M turnover a year at the top end  and based on a the apparent golden rule of 60% wages to turnover and a 20 man squad that's about £1700 a week per player.  But I do agree on the sentiment. 

Very interesting figures @parsforlife We really have to do better in cup competitions  - even the diddy cup. we may take better crowds and have better ST sales than other clubs but the amount that extra is factored in it would only possibly take us up a couple of places in that table. Good recruitment is absolutely vital for this season  

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Lewis strapp and his mum just started following Dunfermline on twitter… maybe a sign in that. Would be a good replacement for Josh 

Would be an excellent signing.  Hes capable of playing at a higher level here too so that would be exactly the caliber we’d want. 

40 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

1500 season tickets sold so far 

That's very low and a indication of the apathy amongst the majority of the fans. 

Lack of decent club updates, strip expected nearly two weeks ago. Not sure how we Haven't managed to push out a campaign for season ticket under the premise of kicking on for the playoff's and another season of progression.

I know it was a bit meh in the end but still midtable finish, youngsters win a cup and we have new training facilities. Can't we promote this rather than negative tumbleweed and one video.

Thought this was what our new marketing staff were all about?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

1500 season tickets sold so far 

I think a lot of fans will be waiting to see what team we have first then decide on a ST. I’m just going pay at gate tbh.

I really thought the strips would have been released by now tbh as that will make some £££.

The fanzine still has 150 tickets left but hopefully bring in money.

Promote the cup winning reserve side but our academy facilities looks a dive.. more or less just an Astro pitch that hasn’t been finished round it to accommodate spectators.. remember we invite pro youth teams to play down there which is embarrassing imo with a boarded up mess and parking facilities.

In all I think Kane was our major signing and with the 1 million loss don’t expect anything decent coming in.

Has Mr Cook since he took over the job actually done anything to drive the club forward? I feel the club has gone backwards when Ross went….where are our German owners? We get nothing from them..I can see McPake and his coaching team getting a bit ****ed off at some point.

• Upvote 4

I've never bought a ST in years, as I know I wouldn't make all the games, so PATG suits me better. I believe there was no early burd ticket, so maybe fans will wait till the last minute to buy. Think the PR side could be doing with a tweek regarding promoting the club. I've no idea what the training facilities look like, or even the guy Cook. If the football is good, the support will turn up, as it has always been .

I drive past our “Academy training facility” and it’s a ****hole with a brand new astroturf pitch.. no parking and an abandoned boarded up building(our state of the art training facility)..as said it’s not really good for the 1st team and embarrassing playing any youth games at. This Academy isn’t going to plan and making the club look like a joke…honestly the place is a dive💁

38 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I drive past our “Academy training facility” and it’s a ****hole with a brand new astroturf pitch.. no parking and an abandoned boarded up building(our state of the art training facility)..as said it’s not really good for the 1st team and embarrassing playing any youth games at. This Academy isn’t going to plan and making the club look like a joke…honestly the place is a dive💁

I haven't saw any pictures other than the few training ones they did. Doesn't sound great at all. 

That's a question for the next club meeting if I remember.

14 minutes ago, Al k said:

I haven't saw any pictures other than the few training ones they did. Doesn't sound great at all. 

That's a question for the next club meeting if I remember.

Take a drive past and it looks like an abandoned building boarded up with a brand new Astro that’s not had any perimeter standing finished. 
It’s a ****show and embarrassing saying this is an academy training centre.

Heard they will be putting in portacabins for showers etc so that will make the “Academy” a place to get young/professional players to sign…Where is the German investors with the money? Their main intention was to build an academy/training ground..🤷🤷 Place is a ****hole🤷🤷