Transfer News & Gossip

12 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Take a drive past and it looks like an abandoned building boarded up with a brand new Astro that’s not had any perimeter standing finished. 
It’s a ****show and embarrassing saying this is an academy training centre.

Heard they will be putting in portacabins for showers etc so that will make the “Academy” a place to get young/professional players to sign…Where is the German investors with the money? Their main intention was to build an academy/training ground..🤷🤷 Place is a ****hole🤷🤷

It's bit far for me, I'm in yorkshire. 😆 

The academy looks like a ****hole but they have the Astro that is playable..no gym facilities, changing/shower facilities etc I presume the Edwards money will go into the academy? Then where is the money for the 1st team? I predict another mid table season.

On the training ground, we do hear how it will be a selling point and perhaps it will in time.  But right now, If you have ourselves and falkirk for example offering you deals,  both train on astro, one has a gym, changing and catering and recreational facilities on site, the other doesn't and you need to jump on a mini-bus to take you to these.  What sounds better?  Do you really care that one is called a training ground?

I think The manager hinting its going to be a busy summer wasnt a reference to incomings. It was about the players we have working to fit in.

Think there will be two more at the very most and ones going to be a keeper.

1 minute ago, Legend85 said:

interesting read especially the part about the non paid directors without getting carried away hopefully are signing targets might be from outwith the usual scottish pond

It'd be good to see a couple of German players, for no other reason than it being a bit more interesting than the usual fayre. 

30 minutes ago, Piracy said:

An update from a P&B user regarding the supporters meeting tonight.

Screenshot_20240611_223113_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240611_223124_Chrome.jpg

so modular units are portacabins installed? That will look great and attract players to the club😅 plus all the youth team players etc. 

The artificial pitch was grant funded and the club are looking into the boarded up main building to be funded…I thought we had a team of Germans that would be making a financial backing into the club? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

The artificial pitch was grant funded and the club are looking into the boarded up main building to be funded…I thought we had a team of Germans that would be making a financial backing into the club? 

In fairness, all funding is good, so if we can get grant funding for projects that's good news and hopefully any other funds put aside for these projects will be invested elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Secure Par said:

so modular units are portacabins installed? That will look great and attract players to the club😅 plus all the youth team players etc. 

GmbH did tbf, the pitch cost 800,000. Grants (not me) paid for 500,000 with GmbH paying 300,000.

• Like 1