Transfer News & Gossip

40 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

Heard Mcpake has approached the board about signing Mochrie but other clubs interested as he is a free agent

I would welcome that, I think Mochrie would be a good signing for us  

Hi, i was asked to clarify the post that Piracy had noted from Calum Par about Pars TV.

Could ye post on yer forum that part of Callum Pars notes from the meeting last night was incorrect. ParsTV are not getting anyone new in. One of the volunteers joining is going to be trackside doing videography. Neither of them are going to be taking over the social media channels either. Callum has picked this up wrong.

2 hours ago, Superally said:

Hi, i was asked to clarify the post that Piracy had noted from Calum Par about Pars TV.

Could ye post on yer forum that part of Callum Pars notes from the meeting last night was incorrect. ParsTV are not getting anyone new in. One of the volunteers joining is going to be trackside doing videography. Neither of them are going to be taking over the social media channels either. Callum has picked this up wrong.

Who's saying that Sally? 

I've been at the last two meetings, Callum didn't pick anything up wrong. 

4 hours ago, Superally said:

Och well parts will still be as dire as it was before then!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Superally said:

So contradictory versions, which means it would be good if the club could clarify the intended roles and responsibilities of the new media person.

My opinion is that Pars TV needs improvement and so does our social media output. So if there's nobody new helping to bring a fresh approach to these initiatives then I think it's a missed opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2024 at 23:16, Secure Par said:

so modular units are portacabins installed? That will look great and attract players to the club😅 plus all the youth team players etc. 

The artificial pitch was grant funded and the club are looking into the boarded up main building to be funded…I thought we had a team of Germans that would be making a financial backing into the club? 

The pitch was around £890,000 with £300k from Gmbh Fussball and the rest made up from grant's. I've no idea if that was intended to fund it that way but I suppose the good thing is none of the financing came directly from the clubs cash reserves, not that we probably had it available anyway. 

The next stage of the development is going to be interesting for sure. 

Was hoping the Edwards deal would have been over the line by now. There are some teams moving quickly to get deals done. Raith, Livi and Ayr have a few in already. I hear that Moffat has been released by Blackpool  

Ayr have done some decent business so far, also Partick. Not so fussed for raiths other than Byrne, Livi look like they may have a few decent players and I think they will offer more than people are predicting.

I think this is going to be the closest league we've ever saw and dare I say we might be in more danger than people think. 

We need better than Moffat if we are to improve. I'm not sure Mochrie is the answer either. I'm expecting more of the same from Mcpake to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Legend85 said:

McPake could walk away if he's not given help. 

He's not going to do that. He's not got enough reputation built up to walk into an other job and whilst his playing career was reasonable I doubt he'd have earned enough to just walk out of a job without being concerned about the financial implications of that