Transfer News & Gossip

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Well, I'll head out and support the team and the manager.

That's where I think everyone will be until 13th July 3pm.  After that, well it's how we perform on the pitch, don't get the results that will satisfy fans and knifes will be out. 

• Upvote 1

It's undoubtedly a huge season for many reasons. After being promoted and consolidating our position in the league naturally we want to improve on last season. James McPake is ambitious and will want to see us competing in the top section. The fans naturally want us to be competitive and if we are competing we'll then we'll forgive the dull tactics. 

Here's hoping some players come in and we can get our heads down and get properly prepared gor August in the league.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Piracy said:

Well, I'll head out and support the team and the manager.

Absolutely.  Not told the wife yet but I'm going to book hospitality for the Forfar game when it is available for me, her and the stepson.  They're not really into football so hopefully the scran will be good and keep them happy.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Ashcroft on his way to firhill on a 2 year deal. Seems Partick are going for it this season, wonder how they manage it on crowds half the size of us

Didn't they get half a million from someone? 

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Didn't they get half a million from someone? 

Million.  Two instalments.  First one was paid in Oct last year, the second very recently.  

and yes after they got their playoff slap from Ross county the begging bowl was out as they were so skint.  Now….well you can see what their plan is.

• Upvote 1

On another note, I see Dundee United have signed a Macedonian player who has only repped his country at U21 and below, not full international.  Are we maybe about to see some more foreign players coming into Scotland, and is our new board member about to deliver on that?

42 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Million.  Two instalments.  First one was paid in Oct last year, the second very recently.  

and yes after they got their playoff slap from Ross county the begging bowl was out as they were so skint.  Now….well you can see what their plan is.

Yeah thought something like that was the case. 

It’s chastening that Partick have benefitted from Magic Money Trees in the past few years to the tune of something like £2.5 million, while our investors came in (as I recall) with less than 10% of that. Kind of explains how the Jags are able to do what they can and, bluntly, we can’t; at least in the short term. Maybe we should all be buying more lottery tickets - with twice the support it’s the obvious way to early success.

1 minute ago, Yorkiepar said:

It’s chastening that Partick have benefitted from Magic Money Trees in the past few years to the tune of something like £2.5 million, while our investors came in (as I recall) with less than 10% of that. Kind of explains how the Jags are able to do what they can and, bluntly, we can’t; at least in the short term. Maybe we should all be buying more lottery tickets - with twice the support it’s the obvious way to early success.

Think the total investment by GmbH fußball for acquisition for just under £1M.  This doesn’t include the recent £300k to complete phase 1 of Rosyth.

the thistle and rovers investments are more targeted at short term return.  Ours is absolutely more long term.  Debate about which is best of course.  But between Ayr, Rovers and Thistle, one at least won’t work this season, so it’s high risk. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

the thistle and rovers investments are more targeted at short term return.  Ours is absolutely more long term.  Debate about which is best of course.  But between Ayr, Rovers and Thistle, one at least won’t work this season, so it’s high risk

At least Raith aren't going to get it all their own way. Thistle really do look like they mean business.

I read on P&B that Falkirks' budget is already spent. Not convinced that squad is going to set the Championship heather alight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

At least Raith aren't going to get it all their own way. Thistle really do look like they mean business.

I read on P&B that Falkirks' budget is already spent. Not convinced that squad is going to set the Championship heather alight.

Aye - for all their crowing, their finances are still a bit of a basket case despite the gift of fan investment grants.  They’ve also had a shed load of cash upfront for debenture style tickets with 10 years of sales accounted for.   Still think we could surprise a few as long as the squad stays fit, and we recruit that bit of creativity to serve Kane, and a decent left back option.

• Upvote 1