Transfer News & Gossip

4 hours ago, Yorkiepar said:

It’s chastening that Partick have benefitted from Magic Money Trees in the past few years to the tune of something like £2.5 million, while our investors came in (as I recall) with less than 10% of that. Kind of explains how the Jags are able to do what they can and, bluntly, we can’t; at least in the short term. Maybe we should all be buying more lottery tickets - with twice the support it’s the obvious way to early success.

GmbH Fussball had put in around £1.9 million since coming onboard, not to mention the £300k (along with the £590k in grants) contribution to the academy development. 

13 hours ago, Piracy said:

GmbH Fussball had put in around £1.9 million since coming onboard, not to mention the £300k (along with the £590k in grants) contribution to the academy development. 

I think a lot of that money was lost in the Grant/Hughes season. We haven't ever fully recovered from that season and are still paying the price.

33 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Can we please not make this about their nationality? They are the owners, that's all that's relevant here.

Agreed - there's a lot of noise on here (& the other forum) about Steve Clarkes' choice of words the other night, yet folk seem to think it's OK to make similar comments on here about our owners.

Their competence, goals & ambition might be questioned but their nationality should have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Questions really need to be asked as to how we are struggling to compete with divisional rivals.  Fair enough Raith Rovers with their cocai...  I mean conservatory money and Thistle with the aforementioned, but how the hell are we missing out to the likes of Ayr and Livingston? Ayr, as previously mentioned have had to pay off Lee Bullen and built a new stand while Livingston are embroiled in a messy court case with their former owner Neil Rankine (he once told me "Scottish football is full of dodgy cunts, and I'm the dodgiest **** around) so they will have funds tied up in that.  

33 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

Questions really need to be asked as to how we are struggling to compete with divisional rivals.  Fair enough Raith Rovers with their cocai...  I mean conservatory money and Thistle with the aforementioned, but how the hell are we missing out to the likes of Ayr and Livingston? Ayr, as previously mentioned have had to pay off Lee Bullen and built a new stand while Livingston are embroiled in a messy court case with their former owner Neil Rankine (he once told me "Scottish football is full of dodgy cunts, and I'm the dodgiest **** around) so they will have funds tied up in that.  

I’m sure Livi get a parachute payment or £1m plus. The Ayr owner is a multi millionaire who is a diehard Ayr fan. 

54 minutes ago, Kdy Par said:

I’m sure Livi get a parachute payment or £1m plus. The Ayr owner is a multi millionaire who is a diehard Ayr fan. 

Didn't realise it was as much as £1m.  I thought it was a few buttons that Doncaster patted himself on the back for negotiating.  Is that still that bodog guy at Ayr?

1 hour ago, Deutsch Par said:

I do think we deserve an explanation. No bull**** either. Can’t keep asking folk to buy season tickets new kits etc and they can’t afford a decent first team squad. If it’s not going to the first team where exactly is it going? Not like they’re improving parts of the stadium that badly need it 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

I do think we deserve an explanation. No bull**** either. Can’t keep asking folk to buy season tickets new kits etc and they can’t afford a decent first team squad. If it’s not going to the first team where exactly is it going? Not like they’re improving parts of the stadium that badly need it 

The lifeline money now going into the academy instead of the first team will be one answer.

• Upvote 1

None of us really know McPakes 1st 11 as last season there was injuries throughout. Hope all players stay injury free preseason and train hard… Everyone knows there is a decent team there and I still feel we can get 3rd/4th spot BUT that’s with no injuries.

We could have not as many injuries but if there is then were relegation playoff…

The club is going for this 10 year or whatever plan which will see the Raith,Ayr and Partick probably beating us next season…

It is what it is but if that is the strategy and the way the club is getting run we are going to have a few boring season for the foreseeable future and looking at a loss on the accounts for a few years…

10 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I think a lot of that money was lost in the Grant/Hughes season. We haven't ever fully recovered from that season and are still paying the price.

My point was simply that GmbH Fussball have invested. Not saying anything about how that has been managed though.