Transfer News & Gossip

8 minutes ago, Al k said:

Livingston's list  

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/end-of-season-retained-released-list/

MWH available for transfer, personally I wouldn't pay a fee. Wouldn't complain if he came back on loan but I'd doubt Livi would loan him to a rival. Unless money really is a massive issue. 

Wouldn't say no to MWH, thought he was pretty effective in getting forward. However if a fee is involved the question is where do we invest our dosh. There are other key areas in this team that need strengthening especially if cash is required. Agree with @Al k there is no chance of him going on loan to a rival and I cant see that he would be prepared to drop down a league if that was an option for him 

MWH would be a good signing I think, seemed very solid other than a couple of times when he headed the ball into a dangerous area (one of which led to a Rovers goal).

Him/Comrie at RB, with KRH at RM would work well I think.

Carson would be a good defensive midfielder and would welcome Welch Hayes back.  Not sure what size of fee would be required to get them. Think they are both late 20's, so the club might not be willing to pay for them.

Edited by Tartan Army Par

In this window we will not be paying any money out..there is no money! And let’s remember the board said they had a 7 year plan? We are into the 3/4 year of that plan if i am right so it’s consolidation in this league again? 

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Carson would be a good defensive midfielder and would welcome Welch Hayes back.  Not sure what size of fee would be required to get them. Think they are both late 20's, so the club might not be willing to pay for them.

Do we need any more defensive midfielders? We could really do with a creative one

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

If we are letting Paul Allan(widely known around town) go and Chalmers can't tackle or provide suitable defensive midfield cover for Hamilton or Otoo. Carson can also cover right back. I agree we need creativity too.

I've heard Paul Allan is not being kept, if that's accurate then the club must have a replacement for him, otherwise it makes no sense to me. Paul Allan tackles, passes, makes runs and can score too. He's one of the young local guys and letting him go is kinda contradictory to the ethos of progressing with local players. 

• Upvote 3

The club should really have made an announcement if its known players are leaving and have been told. I hope it's just a rumour.

Its not professional at all if he's being released then people are talking about this common knowledge for a few days. It's very easy to do updates. So and so have left, we are still in discussion and will update accordingly etc....

For a club that go on about standards while employing more "professional" staff the amount of basic things we are getting wrong is quite embarrassing.

• Upvote 3