Transfer News & Gossip

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

My point was simply that GmbH Fussball have invested. Not saying anything about how that has been managed though. 

And they are more investing in the infrastructure of the club which is good and I’m just hoping the team can kick on with no serious injuries for the new season. It’s a gamble but we do have a good team. 

Edited by Secure Par

4 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Didn't realise it was as much as £1m.  I thought it was a few buttons that Doncaster patted himself on the back for negotiating.  Is that still that bodog guy at Ayr?

The million figure isn't actually a parachute payment, it's solidarity money from uefa, they would have still received it if they stayed up.

The parachute payment they get from the spfl is 300k this year and 125k next year if they don't get back up.

So they have about(as the solidarity payment isn't confirmed) £1.3 million that nobody else in the division has access too, now technically the uefa solidarity payment is meant to be spent on youth development but I think with a bit of creativity in the accounts it'll be quite easy to move it towards first team, let's be honest they haven't exactly had the tidiest accounts.

It's David smith now at Ayr, he owns Ashleigh building firm, whose accounts look very healthy. He committed to a £3 million investment just toward the new stand, so aye, I don't think he'd be hesitant to putting his hand in his pocket  to help with signings, all be it not on Roy McGregor scale. 

6 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Didn't realise it was as much as £1m.  I thought it was a few buttons that Doncaster patted himself on the back for negotiating.  Is that still that bodog guy at Ayr?

No he sold out a couple of years back think new owner is a David Smith who is either in construction or other commercial enterprise. 

Looking at Friday's trialists, it appears that other than Wotherspoon, the rest of the players we are now looking at are 20-22yr old kids on a few hundred pounds per week. We couldn't afford to keep Paul Allan, so are looking to replace him with the likes of Josh Cooper? Looks like the ambition of the owners is to sit in the bottom half of championship and try and avoid relegation while trying to develop an academy.

The squad is seriously lacking and with Todd out for the foreseeable again, we're only another 1 or 2 injuries away from another p!ss poor season. Do the owners not realise that without a first team that can compete then attendances and income will drop, therefore meaning less funds for their academy?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Patrón said:

Looking at Friday's trialists, it appears that other than Wotherspoon, the rest of the players we are now looking at are 20-22yr old kids on a few hundred pounds per week. We couldn't afford to keep Paul Allan, so are looking to replace him with the likes of Josh Cooper? Looks like the ambition of the owners is to sit in the bottom half of championship and try and avoid relegation while trying to develop an academy.

The squad is seriously lacking and with Todd out for the foreseeable again, we're only another 1 or 2 injuries away from another p!ss poor season. Do the owners not realise that without a first team that can compete then attendances and income will drop, therefore meaning less funds for their academy?

Season ticket sales already a good bit lower than last year and the product on the park has been awful minus a few good games. Teams set up not to concede rather than score 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1