Transfer News & Gossip

I think that's three good signings in the bag with Kane, Ngwenya and Wotherspoon. We defo need a goal keeping cover though and that should be the next priority signing. Will be interesting to see of any trialists feature in tomorrow nights game against Cove

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Al k said:

I'd expect the keeper to be a loan signing. 

Keeper will be another max little, someone who they won’t trust to replace mehmet and if he gets injured we’ll just go for an emergency loan 

5 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Keeper will be another max little, someone who they won’t trust to replace mehmet and if he gets injured we’ll just go for an emergency loan 

TBH i'm not entirely against that as an approach, it leaves you in a difficult position in the number 1 just drops out of form,  but sides like airdrie and alloa have done well out of it.  The premiership sides normally have someone available as a 7 day loan, which you just keep extending unless you get desperately unlucky that not only your first choice is out but your expected loanee/ the first team keeper they are covering for is also out, in which case you once again go dipping into the big prem squads for a keeper needing a game.   

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

TBH i'm not entirely against that as an approach, it leaves you in a difficult position in the number 1 just drops out of form,  but sides like airdrie and alloa have done well out of it.  The premiership sides normally have someone available as a 7 day loan, which you just keep extending unless you get desperately unlucky that not only your first choice is out but your expected loanee/ the first team keeper they are covering for is also out, in which case you once again go dipping into the big prem squads for a keeper needing a game.   

I get why some teams do it but I’d rather have someone on the books who’s capable of getting no1 spot too as let’s be honest, mehmet will cost us plenty points again this season

Wotherspoon should be a good signing for us and glad to see we have been sensible giving him only a one year deal. I was playing football with a Dundee United fan tonight and he said Wotherspoon was injured for the majority of his time with them?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

I get why some teams do it but I’d rather have someone on the books who’s capable of getting no1 spot too as let’s be honest, mehmet will cost us plenty points again this season

The only reason we won't sign serious competition for Deniz is money. 

If ever there was a keeper that needs a decent number 2 pushing them it's Deniz. The goals we lost in last two games of the season against ICT and Ayr were fine examples of his poor decision making and inability to convincingly come for anything off his line.

The defence still don't have an understanding with him, complete communication break down and misjudgement allowing the striker to nip in and score two weeks in a row. I really don't rate the guy but here for another 2 years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

The only reason we won't sign serious competition for Deniz is money. 

100%! For the rest of the squad, still think we need a  GK, left sided winger, centre mid and cover at the back as seems a bit light with only 2 full backs and 3 centre halfs. I know otoo and Hamilton can cover but they are more needed in CM imo. 3-4 more signings and we’ll be good to go 

Welcome to the club David. A year later than we might have hoped this signing brings experience and quality that our younger players should benefit from.

The squad is slowly starting to take shape. I think 3 more players are needed with a goalie as the number 1 priority, followed by a left-sided midfielder/forward and another defender.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

We still have 3 or 4 players on the books who we should seriously be looking to move on. I know that's a lot easier said than done.

Yeah, difficult situation to move them on/out of the club.