Transfer News & Gossip

34 minutes ago, Dave said:

You defend our own player (good), then make  a daft comment about his brother?  You don’t do irony do you?

I'm quite clear on irony and it's definition.

What I'm suggesting was the small chance the person posting was maybe serious.  Mixed up Lewis with his brother Ali. Who as a Northern Ireland international the fee would seem more realistic if thats the case.

7 hours ago, Al k said:

What I'm suggesting was the small chance the person posting was maybe serious.  Mixed up Lewis with his brother Ali. Who as a Northern Ireland international the fee would seem more realistic if thats the case.

I thought it was a very plausible reason for this rumour. His brother is probably valued in that price bracket. Not sure why somebody would be annoyed at it.

10 hours ago, Al k said:

I'm quite clear on irony and it's definition.

I take it back.  I’d assumed you were having a go at Ali.  Glad that’s cleared up. 

• Upvote 2

On 02/07/2024 at 19:46, kelty_par said:

this would be a good signing. Unnamed team but would give us cover at full back too. Will be an asset at this level for whoever gets him

Signed for Livi, I don't think they are going to be the walkovers people predicted. A couple of decent signings and the two Irish league lads could be decent too.

On 05/07/2024 at 21:01, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Arguably, they've got the best coach in the league too.

I’d agree it’s arguable. He enjoys quite a lot of leeway given their budget in the premier league, it was his excuse for everything but as he himself pointed out, it was him that signed the players.

The jury is firmly out on that for me.

38 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Closer to home? Isn’t he from Glasgow? 

Aye I was wrong, had it in my head he was from down south and he'd moved to Celtic as a youngster. 

We're not going to get more than 250k for a player at this level, drama is he's worth so much more to us. 

• Upvote 1