Transfer News & Gossip

4 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Words are starting to fail me at this point. No disrespect to the lad but he’s just here to warm the bench 

Which is fine. We've got a limited budget, there's no use spending allot of it on a player we might never play. Mehmet is the number 1.

If Mehmet gets injured, we'd likely bring in another keeper on loan. 

Glad we got a keeper. 

1 minute ago, Grant said:

Which is fine. We've got a limited budget, there's no use spending allot of it on a player we might never play. Mehmet is the number 1.

If Mehmet gets injured, we'd likely bring in another keeper on loan. 

Glad we got a keeper. 

It’s a month only deal… screams panic signing. Sure it’ll be just to see cup games out then 15 year old on the bench for league games 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

He's been signed to buy us time to get someone more experienced signed up. I hope.......

That’s my thinking too. 2 trialist have also left the club now so back to the drawing board on more signings 

12 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

It’s a month only deal… screams panic signing. Sure it’ll be just to see cup games out then 15 year old on the bench for league games 

Can't play u16s in the league either.

Of course Margetts needs to have a birthday at some point, perhaps we're just waiting on that?

Where are you seeing it as a month deal? That will require dispensation as contracts are meant to at minimum last until the next transfer window

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Of course Margetts needs to have a birthday at some point, perhaps we're just waiting on that?

Where are you seeing it as a month deal? That will require dispensation as contracts are meant to at minimum last until the next transfer window

Was in the courier who reported it as a month only deal mate 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Jan thats why I suggested a six month deal now for someone. 

5 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We didn't have a sub keeper for the league cup games. We now have a keeper for the league cup games. I fail to see how this can be framed as a negative.

Probably cause we need a keeper that can challenge and take over from mehmet. A 19 year old that’s not made a senior appearance yet and only signed for a month isn’t likely to do that 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Two hours ago, what was the plan if Mehmet got injured during the game against Livi?

Is that plan now more or less credible?

Yes, we’ve solved the issue for a month. But we can’t afford to just let mehmet have a free ride at it and not be challenged for his position 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Two hours ago, what was the plan if Mehmet got injured during the game against Livi?

Is that plan now more or less credible?

I think the gripe is that the club have had all pre-season to get competition for Mehmet and have now taken so long, it's got to the stage of signing an 19 year old free agent for a month to buy them even more time. 

It's not exactly the most slick of operations when it comes to recruitment. This reflects the same picture as last pre-season. 

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

Is it better to have the issue solved for the next month or not? Maybe he'll stay longer or maybe we'll sign a more permanent back up during that time.

Point is, the situation has been indefensible for the last 10 days and now we have a more sensible solution if Mehmet gets injured during one of our games.

• Upvote 4