Transfer News & Gossip

11 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Is it possible we're waiting on a contract offer to someone else before an official list?

Thats fair enough, but if he has been told hes being released. That should really be announced.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I've heard Paul Allan is not being kept, if that's accurate then the club must have a replacement for him, otherwise it makes no sense to me. Paul Allan tackles, passes, makes runs and can score too. He's one of the young local guys and letting him go is kinda contradictory to the ethos of progressing with local players. 

Ach I just don't think he's good enough. 

I'd rather we just signed the best players we could afford, where they got brought up isn't a massive concern in that regard. 

That being said, Kerr McInroy has improved as a player since he left... 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Much like Gareth Southgate's euro squad? I'd be looking for the moles...

Possibly, we have been pretty leaky as a club for as long as I can remember.   However, maybe more likely that as he is local, has known for a while, and it’s got out via friends and family?  

Best wishes to him, 24 isn’t that young and only 60+ appearances point to a difficult past with injury.  Hope he gets a full season in without interruption elsewhere and he can still make a decent career out the game.

3 minutes ago, Grant said:

Ach I just don't think he's good enough. 

I'd rather we just signed the best players we could afford, where they got brought up isn't a massive concern in that regard. 

That being said, Kerr McInroy has improved as a player since he left... 

McInroy would be a great signing. 

I'm sure the club will put something out whenever they have everything finalised.  I am not that concerned if word has got out that Paul Allan is leaving before it is officially announced. 

The important thing is that the player is told first and that it happens in a face-to-face conversation.

• Upvote 4

I would expect players to have been told a while ago. We have to move forward and therefore we will need new players with the quality that allows us to progress. Those who have left or leaving have made their contribution which I will show my gratitude and I will wish them well. I cant be bothered with the attitude that "they were not good enough" they pulled on the shirt and were good enough. There are plenty of players who "were not good enough" yet strangely have done better at other clubs and strangely at a better level too.   

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Maybe a surprise Jakubiak wasn’t offered anything since Mcpake raved about him but maybe did and he refused. Either way we need a strong transfer window so funds need freed up

We need more goals though and he ran about butthere wasn’t much else imo..I just want to see a more attacking style next season.

Maybe try and sell Chalmers but MOH better get a good pre season in him as I expected a lot more from him tbh. 
I just hope Mr Cook can get the players in a bit earlier for the start of the season.

All the best to the players that have left!

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 1