Transfer News & Gossip

15 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Is it better to have the issue solved for the next month or not? Maybe he'll stay longer or maybe we'll sign a more permanent back up during that time.

Point is, the situation has been indefensible for the last 10 days and now we have a more sensible solution if Mehmet gets injured during one of our games.

It's a situation where we should've found a 2nd keeper by now. We've had since May to come to a deal with somebody. Yeah finding a 19 year old free agent is better than nothing, but what's lead us to this point is not reflecting great on our recruitment policy. 

I've never seen such a painful long drawn out recruitment process. Just like getting Jakubiak last year, when looking for a striker. We ended up with somebody who wasn't even a proper striker after waiting all pre-season. It's not like we're waiting for quality signings.

I'm literally arguing that we're better having a sub keeper for tomorrow than not - and that I can't understand why some people seem just as angry as they were before.

It was daft not to have someone in the first two games. I'm glad that's been rectified.

Re Jakubiak, the reaction was broadly positive when we signed him.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'm literally arguing that we're better having a sub keeper for tomorrow than not - and that I can't understand why some people seem just as angry as they were before.

It was daft not to have someone in the first two games. I'm glad that's been rectified.

They have had a full season to identify a new goalkeeper and then bring a goalkeeper in for a month. The recruitment process is very questionable and has put us backwards. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I think the next announcement was expected to be Mehmet's competition, not a wee kid with no club coming in for a month. You can understand why people are annoyed.

Give us rest with the exasperated, I don't know why facade.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My opinion differs to yours. Based on your previous responses to some of my posts, I don't think we would agree on much - football or otherwise.

I guess, being on the same forum, we just better get used to that.

I'm glad we've got a keeper on the bench now. It's better than not having a keeper on the bench. If the situation annoys you, that's grand. I reserve the right to not understand that mentality.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Unfortunately not rectified. They’ve fannied around so much the registration was late.

I'm okay with signing this young lad as it gives us cover. I wish him well if he's called upon. Fans will surely all be okay with him. 

But, come on to fcuk min, this really isn't a situation we should be in. We're not a Saturday Amatuer set up. It's really verging on the embarrassing. 

• Upvote 2

The club had a good 8-10 months to source a GK to come in, they had known a long time ago that Little was not going to be offered a new deal. To find ourselves in the situation where they bring in a kid for a month to sit on the bench, then miss the deadline to submit the paperwork in time to actually get him on the bench for the Livingston game just shows how amateur things have become. We are a laughing stock.

38 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

The club had a good 8-10 months to source a GK to come in, they had known a long time ago that Little was not going to be offered a new deal. To find ourselves in the situation where they bring in a kid for a month to sit on the bench, then miss the deadline to submit the paperwork in time to actually get him on the bench for the Livingston game just shows how amateur things have become. We are a laughing stock.

Hard to argue with that last sentence. We seem to be doing absolutely nothing right just now. My heart just isn't in the fitba as it stands. I hope our owners are satisfied with the situation we're in just now because it's the 22nd of July & the vast majority of fans I speak to are utterly disheartened.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 2