Transfer News & Gossip

39 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

If signings aren’t incoming soon I can see Mcpake chucking it. Why should he tarnish his reputation or jeopardise future chances by getting let down by the board and CEO? 

If he resigned now, he could say that he brought us up first time from league 1 after relegation and then kept us up during an major injury crisis.

Next season he might not have the same injuries,  but due to lack of backing from the owners he could end up fighting relegation with no injury crisis as an excuse. I would imagine this would lower is stock this time next year.

I think he sounds utterly fed up right now and wouldn't be surprised to see him walk under the current constaints put on him. 

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

Mcpake walks now what's his next job? Queen of the south maybe? But he could well have someone else picked over for that, so he gets a pt job, maybe in 9-10 months all without a wage.

I don't think he's got the media mates for punditry and tbh he doesn't seem to enjoy the mandatory media work, I don't think he would volunteer to take it on as a job.

So what's else there? A ft coaching job somewhere? Maybe, but it makes best sense for him to quietly let that be known he'd take that to close mates and only leave once one of them offered him something.

As ****ed off as he might be it doesn't make financial or career planning sense to walk.  It's easier to sell being sacked in 10th place and claim you weren't backed over being someone who walked cos he didn't like the situation.

His next employer will put him under pressure at times, they will say no to signings and they need to trust he'll stick around when they do so. Extreme situation of not they wouldn't feel comfortable with an answer of no backing so i walked.

28 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Maybe the Board have watched the last few games and upped the budget….

I hope they also looked at a team we had on the pitch and questioned why they were playing with no apparent plan to create any chances - at home to a side in the 4th tier.

And from Saturday, why McPake left O'Halloran on the bench when we were chasing the game, despite looking more dangerous than the rest of them against Forfar, and then complained about having nothing on the bench.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I hope they also looked at a team we had on the pitch and questioned why they were playing with no apparent plan to create any chances - at home to a side in the 4th tier.

And from Saturday, why McPake left O'Halloran on the bench when we were chasing the game, despite looking more dangerous than the rest of them against Forfar, and then complained about having nothing on the bench.

Obvs some sort of issue with MOH as he never gets even a reasonable opportunity no matter how crap we are.

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

You would think his wage demands would be prohibitive?

Only if we are required to pay all of them as i assume this will be a loan move

While he is a good player, I think its a bit of waste as we don't play with wingers so doesn't really fit in to our system and will just end up playing out of position the whole time

Edited by the saline hill puma

26 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Only if we are required to pay all of them as i assume this will be a loan move

While he is a good player, I think its a bit of waste as we don't play with wingers so doesn't really fit in to our system and will just end up playing out of position the whole time

Yep, we are already wasting a good winger in KRH. 

• Upvote 1