Transfer News & Gossip

Was interested to read Enzo Maresca’s comments following Chelsea’s draw with Wrexham during their USA tour:

“Maresca was asked about conceding goals through his playing philosophy, which included more patient build-up from back to front.

"Hopefully, not too many. It is one of the risks that you have trying to build from behind."

And the 44-year-old former Leicester boss said he would "absolutely" continue his style, adding: "I have no doubt. I think you are going to concede in different ways, so you need to decide in which way you need to concede a goal. 

"Sometimes teams that try to build from the back concede goals but I think you are going to score more than you concede.”

Sound familiar? All we need is someone to score goals now.

Considering the painful experiences of our recruitment in a goalkeeper which we’ve known about for the whole summer, you’ll forgive me for being a tad skeptical about us signing a winger who’s got a championship winners medal burning a hole in his pocket.

14 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

Mcpake pre match interview on the official website the last question about signings his response is utterly depressing it's a **** take of the current situation 

Yip. Folk need to stop torturing themselves, we are getting absolutely nothing more than a GK and maybe a loan or two towards the end of the window. It’s the way we recruit these days 

3 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Any new signings? Are you just working with what you have?

“There is plenty in there in terms of what we have got and we need to get the best out of that group.”

Plenty? He was moaning on Saturday that he had no options to change things and it was just kids off the bench to work with.

Clearly having to toe the line.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Plenty? He was moaning on Saturday that he had no options to change things and it was just kids off the bench to work with.

Clearly having to toe the line.

Yep, I'd hazard a guess that he's been reminded to tow the line.

Bottom line is money isn't there just now given the losses and the club admitting few month back reigning in the spend would need to happen, and I think it's happening. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Raymie said:

Any new signings? Are you just working with what you have?

“There is plenty in there in terms of what we have got and we need to get the best out of that group.”

I don't think he believes the first part, I don't think he's capable of the second 

Gmbh are wondering where the moneys going and they're not alone. We're posting massive losses with this squad, inconceivable. 

• Upvote 3