Transfer News & Gossip

1 hour ago, carnockian said:

What happened to the young keeper at the centre of this mess? Has he been dumped?

As far as I know he is still training with us, with a view to maybe getting a contract until January.

However, if he has any sense he'll tell us to ram it and go elsewhere.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

File this under wild speculation with very little to back it up but with Friedrich Lass-Hennemann's background I wonder if he's been brought in to sift through the books and find what black holes are there. I wonder if there's basically a freeze of at least a slow on further funding until he has done so? 

Is this where we find out that Sammy has been embezzling for years, leveraging his complex and intertwining international networks of contacts, operatives and enforcers to funnel money back home to Dick and Bert?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

File this under wild speculation with very little to back it up but with Friedrich Lass-Hennemann's background I wonder if he's been brought in to sift through the books and find what black holes are there. I wonder if there's basically a freeze of at least a slow on further funding until he has done so? 

I think that too. Googling him during the week, he's got an impressive background. He must be there for a specific reason, and, I'd surmise its relating to the losses. Too much of a coincidence.

I, for one, am glad he has been brought in. Well overdue 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

That's vastly over-exaggerating my ability and experience. Genuinely. But like everyone else, the shape doesn't currently pass the theory or the eye test. It doesn't look like the best shape on paper and it doesn't look like the best, or even most comfortable, shape in actual games. I've never played or coached at any level of note, so I won't profess to know how to properly play a back three, so I don't know what problems he's trying to solve by playing it (as opposed to say, a back four). But from what I can tell, it's definitely a harder shape to execute well and puts more positional and tactical demands on the players - you only had to watch Fisher's head almost explode on Saturday trying to work out where he should be and where he should go to think that he'd be way more comfortable in a traditional back four. And he's not the only one - Comrie's not a wingback and it's hard not to think that he'd be better simplifying what is being asked of Ngwenya.

Ultimately, results and performances speak for themselves. We can complain about the quality of the squad all we want, but I'd find it very difficult to accept that McPake is getting the most out of what he has. 

We do have the centre backs to play a three but the problem is we don’t have the correct make up in midfield. 
Comrie is being asked to perform a role he is not comfortable in and we now have a downgrade compared to Josh Edwards. 

the manager should have recruited players to play his favoured formation. 
Failing that, he should figure out a formation to get the best out of what he has.

I’d play a 4-2-3-1 personally 

Mehmet

Comrie  Fisher Benedictus Breen

Hamilton Otoo

KRH Wotherspoon Todd ( when fit ) 

Kane 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Ditto. But not wishing to be controversial I'm not sure I'll be welcome by some anytime soon.

You have to ask where all the money/investment has been spent..But surely Cook has a control and gets advised by Meggle etc on what to spend on? So they should know where the money is going on the stadium/team/training etc

Any investment company will bring in a mole/grass😅 to see what is going on and report back without any influence from the clubs staff..

Edited by Secure Par