Transfer News & Gossip

Including players on loan, that's 13 in total. By any mark that's quite a clearout so a lot of players to replace. I'm hoping this season that we can be off the mark early and not waiting to see what's left towards the end of the window or indeed having too much a dependance in loans.

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Quite worrying to see the budget excuse out already. How much are the players on who are under contract??

IMG_4131.jpeg

That is extremely worrying that budget is being used as an excuse.  We need, in my opinion at least six players.

I don't imagine that Allan would have been asking for mega bucks.  I would understand if we had said something along the lines of "he hasn't really kicked on, or we want to explore other options" and if we sign someone on higher wages like Shaun Byrne for example then that's a massive slap in the face for Allan.

Sad to see Allan go, I felt he improved quite a bit. 

A choice between him and Chalmers I feel. Chalmers has the contract and is coaching too. Although I do like Chalmers but Allan has far superior shooting, better set pieces and at least sticks a foot in to tackle every so often. 

Fenton hardly had a chance to judge but looked ok against QP and Jakubiak had a few decent games but I think the fact we have Mccann, Wighton, Sutherland and possibly Kane coming in put paid to him staying as we might be looking at another attacking option?

Sad to see any players going .. I think another season in the Championship might have made them better players 

The budget thing is a worry .. What we have to remember is we are paying good money to Cook and Co. that would probably secure maybe 5 or 6 decent players wages  .. I have yet to see a positive return/outcome for the clubs future from the money we are haemorrhaging to Cook and Burn .. Do we actually need them .. just saying .. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

“It has come down to budgets” WOW so that more or less says there is no money if we can’t keep a player like Paul Allan. Or the club are looking at 3/4 decent signings? 

I pray it’s the latter. Maybe bluffing if we are looking for better options but got to hope they aren’t worrying over budgets already 

55 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

The budget thing is a worry .. What we have to remember is we are paying good money to Cook and Co. that would probably secure maybe 5 or 6 decent players wages  .. I have yet to see a positive return/outcome for the clubs future from the money we are haemorrhaging to Cook and Burn .. Do we actually need them .. just saying .. 

You are true enough with regards to the extra wages, if the rumoured wage is correct then it would be the equivalent to a few players. 

Need them is a hard question, we need someone to run the club. We were lucky for years in that RM done it for heehaw, he was a well respected man by everyone he met and had our finances in an incredible place. However he didn't seem to have the knack of picking the best managers. For all the fantastic work he done running the club* it could all be undone by the Grant appointment, the misplaced loyalty to Crawford and AJ etc. 

For all the money put into the club, all the money spent by the club, we've not finished higher than fourth in the Championship in so long. I don't know if we need Cook and Burns, but we did need someone with a bit more football acumen in the board. 

*And that's not including the work he done saving the club aswell of course. 

Edited by Grant
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

I have heard that Burn is incredibly professional and is at least trying to create many different income streams.  Cook, I have heard things that are not so good...

• Upvote 1

Maybe there has been a negotiation with Allan. The player is 24, he wants a good wage and serious game time the club are not in a position where they can offer that. I gather he played 24 times for the club last season but how many of those games we have played him because of the injury crisis, especially with Hammy & Otto being forced to play a defensive roll. I think Allan had a roll within the squad, he might not be in my first team sheet - so the club have moved on and so has he. If we are serious in this transfer window we need players that will challenge those players left If it means less players but more quality within the budget, I'm happy with that.   

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Maybe a surprise Jakubiak wasn’t offered anything since Mcpake raved about him but maybe did and he refused. Either way we need a strong transfer window so funds need freed up

Well, I consider Jakubiak’s mazy run and pass to KRH to score against Dundee United as one of the highlights of the season. But conversely I still ponder that awful away game at Queens Park where Jakubiak sat down in the penalty box and was subbed: I don’t think we ever did get an explanation of what his problem was. Maybe his heart wasn’t in it and I suspect that’s not the type of player JM’s looking for?

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

Do you see another chairman available for free like Ross McArthur? They're hard to come by. I dunno, just feel like patience is a dying thing.

No there isn't another Chairman like Ross McArthur available and neither will there ever likely be again. Unique set of circumstances and there's no point in comparing David Cook with him in any way shape or form, it'd be unfair on both of them. Ross McArthur did what he did out of a life long love affair for the club, David Cook is being paid a handsome salary to do a job of work.

However, we can judge them on their individual periods in charge. 

I think the fans have been remarkably patient since administration. The difference now is we're seeing people being paid to take us to that next level. We're seeing the old guard moving out and a new regime running things their way. There's less of a bond now for a lot of fans, it's therefore easier to be sceptical and critical. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Piracy said:

No there isn't another Chairman like Ross McArthur available and neither will there ever likely be again. Unique set of circumstances and there's no point in comparing David Cook with him in any way shape or form, it'd be unfair on both of them. Ross McArthur did what he did out of a life long love affair for the club, David Cook is being paid a handsome salary to do a job of work.

However, we can judge them on their individual periods in charge. 

I think the fans have been remarkably patient since administration. The difference now is we're seeing people being paid to take us to that next level. We're seeing the old guard moving out and a new regime running things their way. There's less of a bond now for a lot of fans, it's therefore easier to be sceptical and critical. 

Let’s also remember that David Cook is a lifelong Pars fan, and was recruited by Ross McArthur on the wage that he now earns. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rossmcno1 said:

Let’s also remember that David Cook is a lifelong Pars fan, and was recruited by Ross McArthur on the wage that he now earns. 

I never said David Cook wasn't a Pars fan, I said he's paid a handsome salary for doing a job of work. Same way he's been paid at other football clubs to get a specific job done. Although it's good he supports the Pars I'm not sure how relevant that is in relation to his dedication to his profession and all the responsibilities that entails. 

• Upvote 2