Transfer News & Gossip

On 26/07/2024 at 14:44, carnockian said:

What happened to the young keeper at the centre of this mess? Has he been dumped?

At the centre of the mess??? Elaborate??? How is a 19 year old at the centre of this???? In what context? Lack of experience? Airdrie have Murray Johnston 19 no experience bar a hand full of games. Ayr had Josh clarke last season 19 year old with NO experience so why is this kid any different he couldve came in and had 6 good months and we punt him for 6 figures- what do some folk think on here? People talking about oluyemi from Celtic the same player in 3 years 2 loans and played 4 games and been injured for about 2 years all in…. So I ask again define such a crass comment on how a boy is at the ‘centre of this' crass comment if ever one!

35 minutes ago, Adrian durham the par said:

At the centre of the mess??? Elaborate??? How is a 19 year old at the centre of this???? In what context? Lack of experience? Airdrie have Murray Johnston 19 no experience bar a hand full of games. Ayr had Josh clarke last season 19 year old with NO experience so why is this kid any different he couldve came in and had 6 good months and we punt him for 6 figures- what do some folk think on here? People talking about oluyemi from Celtic the same player in 3 years 2 loans and played 4 games and been injured for about 2 years all in…. So I ask again define such a crass comment on how a boy is at the ‘centre of this' crass comment if ever one!

I don't think the comments blaming the player.

He's clearly the centre of the mess but at the clubs doing. No fault of the lad.

33 minutes ago, Adrian durham the par said:

Think you have got the wrong end of the stick here. Why are you so enraged by that comment?

39 minutes ago, Adrian durham the par said:

You've made two posts, the one above and one saying this. 

"I passed by today and seen a goalkeeper going in other than Denis boy seemed 20/21, apparently left Celtic to seek first team football" 

Now I'm going to take a massive jump and say you know Kai McLean quite well, and are evidently quite close to him. That being said the Op you replied to didn't say a word out of place with regards to him. Dunfermline are in the midst of a goalkeeping signing crisis, Kai McLean by being virtue of being said keeper we've made a horlicks of signing, is in the middle of that. It's not a criticism of him, it's just the way it is. 

As a player he's hopefully at the start of a long career, it won't be made any better than you trawling the forums of any team he's training with and jumping on any comment that's made about him. God forbid he play a game and someone comment on a mistake eh? Calm down. 

Edited by Grant

9 hours ago, Adrian durham the par said:

At the centre of the mess??? Elaborate??? How is a 19 year old at the centre of this???? In what context?

The club have screwed up signing him for a short period. This has left us with no goalkeeper cover.

He's at the centre of the mess because he's the player we tried to sign, but he's not responsible for it, and nobody was suggesting he is. If anything, the post you are reacting to is expressing concern/sympathy for him.

• Upvote 2

On 28/07/2024 at 01:04, Adrian durham the par said:

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick here, there’s no criticism of the young lad who I think you probably know quite well. The way he’s been treated by the club is an absolute disgrace and I sincerely hope that they’ve done the right thing and offered him a decent deal until at least the end of the season by way of fixing the monumental clown show he found himself in through no fault of his own, and I think everyone on here, including the post you replied to, would agree.

• Upvote 6

I reckon that a quality goalkeeper not prone to mistakes would make a huge difference to our defence and the general  confidence of the team. I am hoping it is Oluwayemi that Digs mentioned who appears to be a real talent but certainly somebody who will be starting on Saturday and not just sitting on the bench. 

5 hours ago, Kdy Par said:

Dundee have four keepers as part of their first team squad, wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign Sharp or Legzdins. 

Would say everything about our transfer dealings if it was Sharp. 

24 minutes ago, Grant said:

Would say everything about our transfer dealings if it was Sharp. 

Sharp had a couple of horrors sure, but hes a massive upgrade on Memhet for me. If I remember rightly had decent distribution and actually found players when he went long too.