Transfer News & Gossip

I think it’s pretty obvious that Mehmet is a confidence player? If you look at his Pars career he had a shocking start under Grant as did most of the team and was eventually replaced by OFW - took too long in my opinion. He came back for a couple of games when Jacob was away that season and was solid (2-0 away defeat at ICT and 4-1 home win over Thistle if I remember). On the bench for the rest of the season.

Into League One and I think we can all agree he had a very good season. Our defence was good and the opposition was limited but he was still called upon often.

Last season started with an ankle injury followed by a concussion against United. He was then back into a team missing most of its defence. You then have the incident at Ayr. As someone pointed out elsewhere his 4 penalty saves in a row kept us up.

This season has been very poor so far and he obviously needs some time out of the firing line but we all know that is impossible.

Hopefully we get a decent keeper in today to battle with him and bring out the best in him.  As for those who sarcastically cheer any save he makes what are they looking to achieve - just idiotic.

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I would say that every footballer is a confidence player, to a large extent? In fact, any sportsman in any sport plays better if they are confident.

Thats true but some players need to be made to feel confident, some take hits to their confidence in greater ways than others, every player is different. Some respond to a boot up the backside, others need an arm round them to be told how good they are to believe it. It’s not a case of you’re either confident or you’re not, that’s not how humans work.

• Upvote 2

One things for sure, in general terms any group of players respond more positively if they're being supported. Forget all the other sh*te at the minute and concentrate on backing the team.

If we get a draw or manage a win then that will havecreal benefits for the following week v Falkirk. That game will take on a life of its own anyway. 

• Upvote 1

There is a suggestion on other forums that the Pars are looking to take former Spurs  and now Celtic B keeper Tobi Oluwayemi 21yrs on loan. He has been on loan to Cork City and Austrian side Amira Wacker and came to Celtic from Spurs 

We're at the point that anyone with any seni competent level of skill in goals would do. 

Also I think it's a waste of a loan signing. I'm not sure but that's one of a limited number we can use, no? I'd rather we hadn't messed about, got a goalie in and strengthened the first team with loans.

If it sounds like the club can't win, then that's on them for the way they've (not) acted this and last summer.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

5 from Scottish clubs at any one time. I doubt we'll max that out.

We’ll be lucky to see another 2 signings on top of the GK. the club are skint. Manager captain etc can shout from rooftops but the board clearly don’t want to spend a penny of our hard earned cash going into the club

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's any way he plays on Saturday. Unless Mehmet been playing through injury or illness, I don't think McPake is quite ready to drop him as soon as any keeper walks through the door - that's likely to hit his confidence even more and I don't think it's fair on new keeper either. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

We’ll be lucky to see another 2 signings on top of the GK. the club are skint. Manager captain etc can shout from rooftops but the board clearly don’t want to spend a penny of our hard earned cash going into the club

In fairness I don't think the board want to see their hard earned cash "pished" up a wall either, and will want to know why so much money has been wasted!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Superally said:

In fairness I don't think the board want to see their hard earned cash "pished" up a wall either, and will want to know why so much money has been wasted!

If they're not getting a monthly or quarterly report id be utterly shocked.