Transfer News & Gossip

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

He wasn't a regular starter for a poor Stirling Albion side who got relegated. He completed ninety minutes twice. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-cooper/leistungsdaten/spieler/908245/plus/0?saison=2023

Not sure who told you he was a standout but the next time they tell you not to bring a jacket I'd check the weather. 

Harsh!

Obviously there is some potential there!

On 16/06/2024 at 16:49, Grant said:

Mcmann signs for Ayr. Would've taken him as a replacement for Edwards. 

With Strapp apparently away to Finland I'm not sure who we'll be getting in to replace Edwards. 

Grant you made me happy for a minute. I thought you said McCANN was away to Ayr

18 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Has been with us all summer and only signing him now because the German based owners have released funds. He won't exactly have been demanding over the top wages. Just shows what a poor budget he was given from the start.

Yeah that was my thoughts as well. Unreal really.

4 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Has been with us all summer and only signing him now because the German based owners have released funds. He won't exactly have been demanding over the top wages. Just shows what a poor budget he was given from the start.

Could be that, could be that Meggle didn't fancy giving a wage to a bloke who couldn't break into Stirlings team. They apparently vetoed a move for McGowan last summer which at the time, and hindsight proved it to be a sound decision. 

2 minutes ago, Grant said:

Could be that, could be that Meggle didn't fancy giving a wage to a bloke who couldn't break into Stirlings team. They apparently vetoed a move for McGowan last summer which at the time, and hindsight proved it to be a sound decision. 

Meggle didn't fancy giving a wage to most people by the looks of things.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Grant said:

I'd heard he was a trialist in the Livi game and I was a bit baffled tbh. If this is the calibre of player we're signing we're in trouble. 

Let's give the lad a chance to show what he can do before writing him off, Grant. He's been training with us all summer, so McPake and Mackay have had ample opportunities to decide whether he has shown enough potential to be worth a punt on....

You may turn out to be correct,  but I prefer to wait and see. He might surprise us all. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Grant said:

Having a 2nd decision maker on if a player is appropriate beyond just the management team isn't a terrible model. If it avoids too many disastrous ones then it makes a lot of sense.

48 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Meggle didn't fancy giving a wage to most people by the looks of things.

However,  If it becomes that 2nd layer becomes too restrictive, that you can't put a squad together or that the manager feels almost forced to put forward players that fit the agenda of that 2nd layer rather than who they exactly want or that the extra layer delays the process too long that players go elsewhere then there's a major issue. 

Looking at how things have gone, It looks far more like Meggle was far too much of the later. 

34 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Let's give the lad a chance to show what he can do before writing him off, Grant. He's been training with us all summer, so McPake and Mackay have had ample opportunities to decide whether he has shown enough potential to be worth a punt on....

You may turn out to be correct,  but I prefer to wait and see. He might surprise us all. 🙂

I don't think he's be written off,  but you're very much right in calling this a punt,  McPake must be very confident he's found something that everyone else has missed with josh and that he can unlock that potential,  It will go down as a stroke of genius if he achieves that.

Edited by parsforlife