Transfer News & Gossip

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

If the lad turns out to be a Falkingham or Turner then I’ll be happy with that. 

Yes,  but he's a far bigger punt than them, given both of them were standout players at their clubs and the league as a whole before moving up.

19 minutes ago, Al k said:

It's about 3/4 months too late but sounds like we've finally sorted out attitude out, we're left trying to find something in a decreasing market as a result but hopefully find enough.

Disappointed to see a few references to meagle being involved over the past week.  I know GmbH have shares/ the loan note to swing around still and we can't properly escape that until they sell up but IMO we should be making it very clear that since they have decided they aren't committed then they should STFU and let those that do care about this club get on with repairing the damage they've caused.

Just a shame it took so long for the penny to drop on how poor the squad was and how badly we needed signings. Least it’s happening and still think we are 3/4 short. Mcpake now sounds confident of more players in

I’d rather give signings like cooper a chance instead of has beens like o’halloran. If we sign players who are on the slide it’s folk moaning and if it’s an upcoming player folk still moan too. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Just a shame it took so long for the penny to drop on how poor the squad was and how badly we needed signings. Least it’s happening and still think we are 3/4 short. Mcpake now sounds confident of more players in

I’d rather give signings like cooper a chance instead of has beens like o’halloran. If we sign players who are on the slide it’s folk moaning and if it’s an upcoming player folk still moan too. 

I don’t think we’re that many short if the other one he’s mentioning comes in. Maybe one or two after that. I’ve always said our first 11 is decent, and if we can bring in some others to mix that up/add some competition then we’ll be fine. 

O’Halloran has actually done reasonably well when he’s played this season, and anyone who goes to games with me will confirm that is high praise from me regarding him. 

We’ve also got Matty Todd to come back in about 8-10 weeks-ish, and that will be like an another signing. 

Individually we’ve not been horrendous all over the park, we just need a bit more balance and some options off the bench who can either change it like for like or allow him to switch formation. 

We don’t need to overhaul the squad to do that, we proved it in the run in last year when we started to get players back and we’ve got some new blood in the likes of Sutherland who I think will definitely get goals this year.

5 minutes ago, Digs said:

I don’t think we’re that many short if the other one he’s mentioning comes in. Maybe one or two after that. I’ve always said our first 11 is decent, and if we can bring in some others to mix that up/add some competition then we’ll be fine. 

O’Halloran has actually done reasonably well when he’s played this season, and anyone who goes to games with me will confirm that is high praise from me regarding him. 

We’ve also got Matty Todd to come back in about 8-10 weeks-ish, and that will be like an another signing. 

Individually we’ve not been horrendous all over the park, we just need a bit more balance and some options off the bench who can either change it like for like or allow him to switch formation. 

We don’t need to overhaul the squad to do that, we proved it in the run in last year when we started to get players back and we’ve got some new blood in the likes of Sutherland who I think will definitely get goals this year.

Agree about Sutherland. I’d rather see him get a chance over some of our strikers tbh. The way Mcpake sounded after Falkirk game to now is night and day, sounds like he still wants another 3 in. Sounds like it’ll be another 2 to come in next week with comments in the press. Still think we are short at full back and centre back. Especially if playing a back 3 most weeks. Left winger is a must too imo to give more balance to the squad. All sounding much more positive now so time to get behind it 

Edited by kelty_par

14 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Agree about Sutherland. I’d rather see him get a chance over some of our strikers tbh. The way Mcpake sounded after Falkirk game to now is night and day, sounds like he still wants another 3 in. Sounds like it’ll be another 2 to come in next week with comments in the press. Still think we are short at full back and centre back. Especially if playing a back 3 most weeks. Left winger is a must too imo to give more balance to the squad. All sounding much more positive now so time to get behind it 

Cooper played LW/LWB in the friendlies, so I'd imagine he fills that gap. Hopefully that bit of balance will allow KRH to stay out wide right and not wandering all over the shop, allowing Ngwenya and Comrie to be the overload rather than the sole wide players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Please forgive me for being a madman but is 'needing 3/4' not nearly exactly the same a '1 more hopefully this week and another couple following' basically the same narrative?

Agree on the o'halloran point, and another much criticised player like chalmers have been some of our better players this season. We want a better standard than them but our board have ****ed us over and they are ok options for what they have allowed us to achieve. When things settle down we can actually talk of where they would stand in a promotion pushing squad where they may not have a place, but in a hoping to stay up squad they can win us enough points to scramble by.

I ****ing despise the ' when everyone's fit' talk. It never ****ing happens and last year showed exactly why you should be building a squad that your not relaying on the particular players be fit. Todd is going to miss the opening quarter, that's not an acceptable time to wait on having a good enough player being ready.

The run in last year showed that even when we brought in guys like fagon Walcott and go on a good run we are don't have the standard to maintain that level and are a mediocre club. 

These issues aren't going to be fixed overnight, this window and probably the winter window either, it's going to be a long journey to put ourselves back into the position we should be after the harm caused over the past few years when squad building has been chucked into the gutter in favour of fantasy land bull****. 

6 hours ago, Grant said:

Could be that, could be that Meggle didn't fancy giving a wage to a bloke who couldn't break into Stirlings team. They apparently vetoed a move for McGowan last summer which at the time, and hindsight proved it to be a sound decision. 

Thank god, Mcgowan was offering us nothing in the championship. Didn't need hindsight for that. Could hardly get a game when the league was won early doors. 

Not sure why Mcpake wasted game time pre-season. 

Edited by Al k

Tommy Forgarty, a centre back from Birmingham, capped by Northern Ireland u21’s is due to be our next signing. Was part of the warm up yesterday and was maybe the one who wasn’t done in time! Glad to see a centre back coming in and couldn’t be any worse than the ones we have the now 

Hopefully goes straight in. None of our CBs are currently good enough. 

Breen? Constantly injured and never looks good at this level.

Fisher? Suffering from a lack of proper organisation. Shouldn't have played yesterday ill.

Bene? Past it. A 2 year deal with complete negligence. Injuries have now brought his level right down, should have replaced him in summer.