Transfer News & Gossip

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I never said David Cook wasn't a Pars fan, I said he's paid a handsome salary for doing a job of work. Same way he's been paid at other football clubs to get a specific job done. Although it's good he supports the Pars I'm not sure how relevant that is in relation to his dedication to his profession and all the responsibilities that entails. 

But it was relevant for Ross McArthur?

My point being, it was Ross that led the recruitment of Cook and was his appointment.  If his judgment and commitment is as it always was, shouldn’t we place more trust in that and see what Cook delivers in more time?

8 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

My point being, it was Ross that led the recruitment of Cook and was his appointment.  If his judgment and commitment is as it always was, shouldn’t we place more trust in that and see what Cook delivers in more time?

RM was a great chairman but he was human, he made mistakes. He led the recruitment for Grant after all. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

It was relevant to a point but surely not of a hugely influential significance given David Cooks professional background in the game. I'd imagine the primary motive for seeking his appointment was his experience, reputation, and suitability for the post Ross was vacating. Also, as Ross himself pointed out, he knew nothing about running a football club and did it out of necessity and fundamentally as a fan. David Cook is in the CEO position because that's his proffessional bag. In reality David Cooks present position has no relevance to how or why he got the job, he is now Johnny on the spot with the ammo and is therefore responsible and accountable. He himself obviously knows that. I want to him to succeed, I've never said otherwise, but that won't stop me worrying about the financial losses and in turn voicing any concerns I have. David Cook knows that as I've taken my concerns straight to the club and I recieved answers. Tbf to David Cook he's representing his employers too and I'd suggest they're not being forgotten about here, ultimately it's their baw and they'll be judged on where we are. I can't personally ignore the losses or the appatent lack of strategy. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Grant said:

RM was a great chairman but he was human, he made mistakes. He led the recruitment for Grant after all. 

He did indeed make mistakes and held his hands up to these. As he pointed out when they rescued the club and took control they had no experience of running a club. Grant was his biggest mistake that I can think if. But overall, passmarks for me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

He did indeed make mistakes and held his hands up to these. As he pointed out when they rescued the club and took control they had no experience of running a club. Grant was his biggest mistake that I can think if. But overall, passmarks for me.

Aye, agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Stanza said:

Quite simple, IMO. Without Ross McArthur we wouldn't have a club to be arguing about. Lots of others played valuable roles but Ross was the driving force.

He was the driving force, also the coordinator, facilitator, negotiator and the terminator 😃