Transfer News & Gossip

3 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Brilliant signing! Praying we get some natural wide players in as it absolutely killed us last season 

We had wide players tbf, Moffat, KRH, O'Halloran and Jak all looked better out wide. 

Moffat had his best game for us at right wing against Airdrie at home, McPake just has a fascination with playing wingers as tens. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kdy Par said:

Charlton, Barnsley and Bristol Rovers are all keen on Josh Edwards according to Scott Burns at the Daily Record. 

They are talking about a 6 figure fee, which will be great news for the club. If Josh goes it will be with my best wishes but it leaves a big gap to fill that will be a priority

2 hours ago, Kdy Par said:

Charlton, Barnsley and Bristol Rovers are all keen on Josh Edwards according to Scott Burns at the Daily Record. 

I'll be sad to see him go, but a nice juicy bidding war would help ease my sorrow.

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

the money should fund two players wages - a replacement and another?

I'd really like Lewis Strapp from Morton as a first pick, if not him then Mcmann from United please. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I'd really like Lewis Strapp from Morton as a first pick, if not him then Mcmann from United please. 

I'll admit to being a fan too, If i remember like Edwards he likes to get forward and has a powerful throw in

If Edwards does go for a nice healthy lump of dosh, this will be a good incentive for other young developing players to sign as well. Knowing that there are opportunities to develop like Edwards & Nisbet and that the club are not going to be ridiculous in denying the chance if they are good enough to progress to a higher level 

9 minutes ago, Grant said:

Of the Rovers midfield this season, I thought Stanton was a far superior player when I saw them.  I’m not convinced any of our problems will be solved by Shaun Byrne.  However obviously if he signs then hopefully he’ll be an inspiration.