Transfer News & Gossip

He was the Assistant Manager at Airdrie and club captain. Was voted their best player the season after last. Big loss for Airdrie, But I'm not sure if he still the type of quality Rovers need to make a consistent challenge.

if that’s the calibre Rovers are hanging their hats on for the coming season, then off and on the park they’ll soon be in trouble.  This is one of those where you have to look beyond the data.  If their centre backs are going to be Murray and Fordyce, I really look forward to us playing some real pace at and inbetween when we play against them.  I just don’t see that being a Championship winning centre back combo.

• Upvote 1

Strange one all round. I like Dycey from his time here and he has done brilliantly to get over that horrendous injury. That said he is a pretty average Championship centre half these days. I’d be disappointed if our strikers couldn’t better him.

52 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

Raith’s squad was light in defenders so this should strengthen them. I was surprised to hear Fordyce left Airdrie and was even more surprised to hear he has already been inducted into the Airdrieonians hall of fame!

He has been with the club for over 22% of it's entire history...

On the footballing front, we were pretty adept at finding his head with crosses and from corners and throw-ins last time he was at EEP. 

Also, it's not surprising if Murray looks at Airdrie to strengthen - given their results against them in the last season. Wouldn't be a shock if they go in for a couple more over the coming weeks.

10 hours ago, Piracy said:

New rumour we're linked with striker Bennet Winters who plays for St Pauli II. No idea if there's any substance behind it but an interesting proposition none the less.

You sure it wasn’t Bernie Winters?

Lewis Stevenson signs for Rovers. Not sure about the signing but they are nailing the socials again.

With the exception of the cringy thanking us and united for the digital sponsorship deal. Ours on the otherhand. Apart from the euros thing, a season ticket video. Two posts about Kane and grass getting cut you'd thought we'd trying to generate some interest. Be nice to see someone like Mikey doing it again we are miles away IMO.

26 minutes ago, Al k said:

Lewis Stevenson signs for Rovers. Not sure about the signing but they are nailing the socials again.

With the exception of the cringy thanking us and united for the digital sponsorship deal. Ours on the otherhand. Apart from the euros thing, a season ticket video. Two posts about Kane and grass getting cut you'd thought we'd trying to generate some interest. Be nice to see someone like Mikey doing it again we are miles away IMO.

I'm kinda confused about their social media strategy. They're getting a lot of it right but then again the frequent digs at other clubs shows a lack of class.