Season Tickets

9 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Chris Kane incoming in a two year deal according to the Record. That should allay some of the concerns expressed here? Surely our number 1 target?

To be honest I wouldn't believe anything from them after they reported that Fraser Aird was signing a new contract for us when they were actually involved in whoring him around other clubs and he ended up at Dundee United.

14 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

To be honest I wouldn't believe anything from them after they reported that Fraser Aird was signing a new contract for us when they were actually involved in whoring him around other clubs and he ended up at Dundee United.

True although Scott Burns is usually quite reliable. Just be so good to get a good deal done early in the window for a change.

Huge signing. By far our best striker and only one who really knows how to lead the line imo. Injury record a slight concern but brilliant signing. Can’t see Jakuibak getting a new deal as that would leave us with 4 strikers and we only play 1 upfront 

4 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Recruitment has to be absolutely spot on in the coming season because since David Cook came in it has been absolutely atrocious for the most part.  

Cook arrived in February 2022.  Since then, permanent signings have included Benedictus, Fisher, KRH, Otoo, Hamilton and Jakubiak.  Some decent loan signings also, plus the current management team.

I think "absolutely atrocious" is a stretch, regardless of whether we're feeling a bit apathetic or not.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Cook arrived in February 2022.  Since then, permanent signings have included Benedictus, Fisher, KRH, Otoo, Hamilton and Jakubiak.  Some decent loan signings also, plus the current management team.

I think "absolutely atrocious" is a stretch, regardless of whether we're feeling a bit apathetic or not.  

You have listed almost all of our permanent signings other than O'Halloran.  Seven permanent signings in two and a bit years looks on the face of it to be decent however in most games last season we couldn't name a full bench and we had players playing through injury and out of position.  We were lucky that there wasn't many injuries when we won League 1 but that caught up with us in the past season and we needed a lot more than what we got. 

On the loan signings front it's probably about 50/50.  Other than the players we ended up signing outright I would say Mochrie, McGowan and Fagan-Walcott added something.  The others were either poor or were asked too much of.

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Our permanent signings have by and large, been good. 

But that only tells a bit of the story, there simply hasn't been enough of them for starters. 

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

I like Kane and I think that would be a good signing with a penalty box striker along side him

Hopefully Craig wighton can be that if he’s injury free. Not sure if he’s good enough for this level but got to hope 

27 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Hopefully Craig wighton can be that if he’s injury free. Not sure if he’s good enough for this level but got to hope 

I agree, Wighton and Kane could work well together - if nothing else, the opposition might get confused about which baldy to mark... 🙂

You do have to wonder though whether the injuries have finally become too much. I really hope not, as when fit (and if given some service), I think Wighton can still be a very effective goalscorer for us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...