James McPake "Pars can't compete in transfer market with rivals"

Its dreadful in a time where the club should be trying to motivate the fan base and creating a sense of anticipation for the season ahead what we are getting is our legs being kicked away and preparation for a relegation fight. 

Plus surely we have a player in mind to replace Edwards? We just sold one of our best players so there should be cash set aside to bring in a decent replacement.

The Germans put in their own money for the Astro at Rosyth(place looks utter ****) and looking for a grant to do the clubhouse up so where has the rest of the money from Nesbit etc gone? 

I know that we only offered Stevenson a 1 year deal so he went to Raith…did we offer Hanlon a 1 year deal? We still need experience within the squad….I feel sorry for the management as it’s obvious they are not fully being backed by the board. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Superally said:

Its dreadful in a time where the club should be trying to motivate the fan base and creating a sense of anticipation for the season ahead what we are getting is our legs being kicked away and preparation for a relegation fight. 

Aye but the new strips out on Saturday😅 and I can bet the club will want all our ££££ BUT where will that go to? 
Will Mr Cook be present on Saturday? 

7 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Aye but the new strips out on Saturday😅 and I can bet the club will want all our ££££ BUT where will that go to? 
Will Mr Cook be present on Saturday? 

Not a chance. Won’t want his chest poked by fans. A bit like there’s hardly been any German presence at the club also 

Edited by SRBpar

It's not just concerning, to me it's actually predictable. They can dress this up how they like but my opinion is that we are skint, and I do not believe we should be. 

Let's have this straight here, both the actual loss and the heavy projected loss this financial year isn't good, it just isn't.

To be clear (again) no cash reserves were used in funding the £890,000 spent on the Academy pitch. So that in theory hasnt affected the financial day to day running of the club.

We received around £185,000 from the Nesbit deal which went straight into the running of the club.

I'm just not feeling right.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

It's not just concerning, to me it's actually predictable. They can dress this up how they like but my opinion is that we are skint, and I do not believe we should be. 

Let's have this straight here, both the actual loss and the heavy projected loss this financial year isn't good, it just isn't.

To be clear (again) no cash reserves were used in funding the £890,000 spent on the Academy pitch. So that in theory hasnt affected the financial day to day running of the club.

We received around £185,000 from the Nesbit deal which went straight into the running of the club.

I'm just not feeling right.

Plus they are applying for a grant to do the clubhouse up at Rosyth…so no money spent on Astro/applying for a grant = a minimal amount of spend on the academy.

185k from Nesbit,season ticket and strip sales last season and we struggled plus a 1m loss in the accounts…it just doesn’t add up🤷

I wonder where all the profit wil go from kit sales on Sat and my hard earned cash buying 3 tops? 

Just now, rosythpar said:

Did I read somewhere last week that the money for Edwards is going back into the squad or did I imagine that? I hope it doesn't go the same way as the Nisbet money did.

It looks like it @rosythparbut surely there has to be some money as we need to replace one of our best players? Plus get a bit of experienced players into the squad. I’m ****ed of already and pre season hasn’t even started!

I've renewed me and the wife's season tickets, out of loyalty, bit I'm not happy at all. But nowt I can do about the way they run the club. Tbf, there are positives, the fanzone for instance and let's hope more financial opportunities come about. 

But we're skint and we need players, as confirmed by James McPake. I think he's ****ed off. 

32 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

Won’t want his chest poked by fans

And rightly not. I'm not happy with where the club is just now, but we shouldn't be seeing that level of confrontation. It's partly what cost us Ross McArthur after all.

7 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

185k from Nesbit,season ticket and strip sales last season and we struggled plus a 1m loss in the accounts

IIRC, the Nisbet money would not have been in the same accounting period as the 1 million loss.

27 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

And rightly not. I'm not happy with where the club is just now, but we shouldn't be seeing that level of confrontation. It's partly what cost us Ross McArthur after all.

I mean as in fans asking him tough questions. In no way do I mean the leveL of abuse Ross MacArthur received. I believe the fans have the right to ask David cook those questions and what’s being done to solve them 

The question I have is has McPake just done an interview with the Courier basically saying he has to work with what he has and no further signings from now on as the club is skint etc… then it’s posted on cows. Surely the Mr Cooks etc won’t like this with an open day on Saturday? This doesn’t make sense as it could have been done next week once the club had taken profits from the open day… there is something not right going on with management/boardroom etc….could be wrong but I find it weird the statement at this time.

5 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

I mean as in fans asking him tough questions. In no way do I mean the leveL of abuse Ross MacArthur received. I believe the fans have the right to ask David cook those questions and what’s being done to solve them 

We can’t confuse a guy who took the whole club and we survived to a German consortium taking over and implementing a management structure for the club to evolve and go forward… Cook is paid to be there and answer questions regarding the running of the club and its ambitions.

Just now, Secure Par said:

We can’t confuse a guy who took the whole club and we survived to a German consortium taking over and implementing a management structure for the club to evolve and go forward… Cook is paid to be there and answer questions regarding the running of the club and its ambitions.

I feel McPake has had enough and made a statement to the Courier today. No way will Mr Cook and the Invisible Germans like that statement.